Free Member
Dec 14, 2012
Australia
Funster No
MH
chausson flash 02/04
Exp
I'm a newbie to the U.K
G'day everyone, my family and i are coming to the U.K next June 2013, we have hired a Chausson flash 02/04 (3birth). We are traveling for 32 nights.
Can anyone tell me what the weather will be like? We are looking at doing around 2000miles, does the Chausson have good fuel economy? I have converted mph to kmh and would think i would stick to no faster than 55mph that is around 90kmh, does this sound reasonable? Thanks for any help :thanks:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
your speed is about right for fuel economy what mpg you will get really depends on the van as well as for the weather this is the uk mate bring clothing for all weathers rain,snow,storms,heatwaves etc but whatever te weather you will enjoy it
have fun

mdixon

Free Member
Nov 7, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner T660
Exp
G'day everyone, my family and i are coming to the U.K next June 2013, we have hired a Chausson flash 02/04 (3birth). We are traveling for 32 nights.
Can anyone tell me what the weather will be like? We are looking at doing around 2000miles, does the Chausson have good fuel economy? I have converted mph to kmh and would think i would stick to no faster than 55mph that is around 90kmh, does this sound reasonable? Thanks for any help :thanks:

We dont know the weather next week!!:roflmto:

Just one thing - met some Kiwis a couple of months ago. They said they came over here and bought a new van used it for a couple of weeks over here and shipped it back (via and Australian company that does this). They then run it for a Year -18 months over there and sell it. Apparently pays for their trip and expenses with a little profit!!:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005

You'll see more if you travel by day:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
But seriously (if you can get serious on this site:winky:) where do you intend to visit - Scotland, Cornwall, continental Europe - and where do you intend to stay - campsites, CLs, wildcamp?:Smile:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Hiya! There was a comment on TV last night someone was talking about a cricket match in Yorkshire that was being televised in June some years ago, when we were having a heatwave and people had been sunbathing and eating ice-cream etc, and the broadcast came through showing pics of the pitch covered in 1 and a half inches of snow. Next day - back to the heatwave. :ROFLMAO:

In 1976 we had an official goverment declared drought, and the last few years on and off we've all been building arks. In between getting sunburned.

Lick your finger and stick it in the air. Your guess from where you're sat right now is as accurate as our guess sitting here, frankly! :Doh:

What SHOULD June be like? - pleasantly warm with/without light breezes and an occasional shower. Cooler in the earlier morning and evening.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi BA and welcome :thumb:sedge(jenny) has given you what the weather should be like ( ish )
Your van will give around 25 to 30 mpg anything more count as a bonus :winky: work on aprox £ 6 per gallon and campsites around £15 to 20 per night.::bigsmile:It is usualy a few degrees warmer in the south than the north so depending on where you start work from south of the country to the noth that way you should in theory get better weather come July in the north :Smile:ENJOY
terry

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
25-30mpg sounds about right. Probably closer to 25 though.

Weather. Plan for anything from snow to 35C. As previous posters have said we have pretty unpredictable weather here with absolutely no consistency. We had declared drought conditions and a hosepipe ban this year at the same time as we were having floods, go figure.

I hope you enjoy your trip over.:thumb:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
You may find time

to join Funsters at a meet, if you pay your sub... :thumb:

Catherine

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Highly unlikely to snow in June !! unless you are on top of a Scottish mountain.
What is nice is extremely long Days, from about 4.30 am until 10.00 pm.:thumb:
In all probability it will be pleasantly warm with some rain showers & some sunshine but this can't be nailed on.

The wizened of OZ

Free Member
Jan 20, 2012
Brisbane Australia
Funster No
MH
C Class Bailey 745 SE
Exp
Newbie to U.K. Extensive in Oz.
Hello
If you do a mix of caravan parks and wild camping it will save you a fortune. Wild camping in Scotland is a lot easier than England but both are good. Come prepared with the correct clothes for the conditions. To take a motorhome back to Oz you have to stay here for over 12 months and meet many other conditions to get permission from the Australian Government. I have been here for eight months and am having a ball. Hope to see you when you arrive.:thumb:

OP
OP
B

Big Adventure

Free Member
Dec 14, 2012
Australia
Funster No
MH
chausson flash 02/04
Exp
I'm a newbie to the U.K
You'll see more if you travel by day:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
But seriously (if you can get serious on this site:winky:) where do you intend to visit - Scotland, Cornwall, continental Europe - and where do you intend to stay - campsites, CLs, wildcamp?:Smile:
G'day we are starting in Salisbury and heading towards Wales then to the Lakes district, Scotland, York, Cambridge then ending in Crystal palace. I have booked caravan parks all the way round, i also joined the caravan club.

OP
OP
B

Big Adventure

Free Member
Dec 14, 2012
Australia
Funster No
MH
chausson flash 02/04
Exp
I'm a newbie to the U.K
Hello
If you do a mix of caravan parks and wild camping it will save you a fortune. Wild camping in Scotland is a lot easier than England but both are good. Come prepared with the correct clothes for the conditions. To take a motorhome back to Oz you have to stay here for over 12 months and meet many other conditions to get permission from the Australian Government. I have been here for eight months and am having a ball. Hope to see you when you arrive.:thumb:
Thanks for the info, we are only hiring the motor home as we are heading into Europe for 2months after (minus the van) I have booked caravan parks throughout, i must say the cost of caravan parks is much cheaper than in Australia! Cheers!

OP
OP
B

Big Adventure

Free Member
Dec 14, 2012
Australia
Funster No
MH
chausson flash 02/04
Exp
I'm a newbie to the U.K
Hi BA and welcome :thumb:sedge(jenny) has given you what the weather should be like ( ish )
Your van will give around 25 to 30 mpg anything more count as a bonus :winky: work on aprox £ 6 per gallon and campsites around £15 to 20 per night.::bigsmile:It is usualy a few degrees warmer in the south than the north so depending on where you start work from south of the country to the noth that way you should in theory get better weather come July in the north :Smile:ENJOY
terry
G'day thanks for the info, i have booked caravan parks all the way round and you are spot on for the cost:thumb: The U.K is much cheaper for site fees than Australia, we pay a fortune! Thanks for the info re mpg, hard to work out the cost over such a long distance not knowing the roads etc but good to get an idea.
Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back