Video Editing Software : Recomendations wanted. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I'm looking for video editing software..

Am familiar with both Mac and Windows offerings, both very good, but since upgrading to a more powerful desktop PC wondered if it was worth shelling out for something a bit more professional .. without bursting the bank..

One I was considering is Cyberlink PowerDirector 11

so, any recommendations for Windows7 64 ?

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I seem to recall you play with linux?

Have you tried the open source software? I have heard good things from a pal of mine who runs a video production shop. Not something I play with so can't give direct advice sorry.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I seem to recall you play with linux?

Have you tried the open source software? I have heard good things from a pal of mine who runs a video production shop. Not something I play with so can't give direct advice sorry.

yes , I had a play with Ubuntu a while back, ... but not on the new machine,..

I'm more than happy to buy software when it's the best way forward.. but that isn't always the case..
for example.. I prefer Gimp to Photoshop ... never been a big fan of any Adobe products , they have a very steep learning curve.. and maybe I'm too lazy to read manuals.. hence my reluctance to buy Adobe Premier Elements .. however I may download the trial

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
I used to use Pinnacle but since I started using a 10ft screen I needed high definition. I now use Avid and find it very easy to use.

A 10ft screen!:whatthe: I wouldn't be able to fit something that size into my cottage! That is a massive piece of kit!

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
I'm looking for video editing software..

Am familiar with both Mac and Windows offerings, both very good, but since upgrading to a more powerful desktop PC wondered if it was worth shelling out for something a bit more professional .. without bursting the bank..

One I was considering is Cyberlink PowerDirector 11

so, any recommendations for Windows7 64 ?

using it with Windows 7

Dont know how good it is but I just got
Photoshop elements 11 + Premier
from amazon @ ÂŁ49.00.

Roger:Smile:::bigsmile:

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
A 10ft screen!:whatthe: I wouldn't be able to fit something that size into my cottage! That is a massive piece of kit!

Projection in my 'study'. SWMBO does not like it as she says such a big screen and my surround sound is overpowering. Don't understand it myself but then I always sit in the front row at the cinema.:Smile:

10ft is the diagonal so actually only about 8 1/2 ft wide.

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Projection in my 'study'. SWMBO does not like it as she says such a big screen and my surround sound is overpowering. Don't understand it myself but then I always sit in the front row at the cinema.:Smile:

10ft is the diagonal so actually only about 8 1/2 ft wide.

That's still wider than my flippin motor home! :roflmto: Enjoy!

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Played with Avid and now playing with PowerDirector 11

Avid is great, but my preference at the moment is PowerDirector. Its fast (64bit) and is easy to manage

Good luck with editing !!!

Paul

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I used to use Ulead Media Studio Pro for many years but now I have Sony Vegas package and it works really well, also available quite cheaply from 7dayshop.com or at least it was when I got mine.

D.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Must say I agree with Dave on this one have used Sony Vegas for years, have yet to find anything that suits me as well.
When I first started went through all that was around, many I found did too much automatically I would sooner be in charge. editing after all is a personal thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
At last .. I made a choice ..

After trying a few and doing a bit more reading, I bought Pinnacle Studio 16 Ultimate
I bought from Amazon, ÂŁ77.28 inc postage.

Has taken several hours of practice to become familiar with all it's features, so far I am very impressed.. It comes with a very good instructional DVD which you can watch while you navigate the menus and try out the different features..

I'm not an expert on video editing software but I found it easy to understand with a very intuitive GUI .. results so far are stunning .. and very professional looking.. a far cry from MS Movie maker and Apple's offerings.

certainly recommend it..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back