Disappearing threads (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
I have just replied to a post 'wi fi booster' on the motorhome accessories forum and it is not shown, along with the previous post from this morning, on the home page but is shown in the forums page. This 'thread disappearance' has happened to me before, the last time I assumed the thread had been pulled by admin for some reason.

Any explanations?

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thanks but I know where the thread is. The point of this post is that it is not shown in the last 30 posts on the home page making it difficult to find and I was asking some questions in the post.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Deleted User
Do you click New Posts to get an update ?

Thanks for that but I know the thread is still there in the forum but I think if it is not shown in the 'last 30 posts' section on the home page it will not be seen by many and I was asking some questions that may be of interest to others as well as myself.::bigsmile:

Last edited by a moderator:

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
No it's not you. Hildwiller has just added a post to it and it shows as a new post but not on the front page.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks for that but I know the thread is still there in the forum but I think if it is not shown in the 'last 30 posts' section on the home page it will not be seen by many and I was asking some questions that may be of interest to others as well as myself.::bigsmile:

I usually only see the home page once, after that I just keep hitting New Posts.

If you hit backapce to go back to Home or New you do go back to the where you left it minutes before, it does not refresh the page, you keep the one stored in your computer, you will miss recent posts that way.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Do any of the threads in the 'Motorhome Accessories' area show on the front page??

No, it's a new forum section and it has a glitch I hav'nt managed to sort yet. to be honest, I'd forgotten about it, its slipped off my to-do list. Probably because I hardly ever look at the front page, I monitor the forum from here
Link Removed. Because every forum post without exception is displayed here in the top 30 posts. You miss too many posts if you just watch the front page.

I'll revisit it when I can:thumb:

OP
OP

Deleted User
I usually only see the home page once, after that I just keep hitting New Posts.

If you hit backapce to go back to Home or New you do go back to the where you left it minutes before, it does not refresh the page, you keep the one stored in your computer, you will miss recent posts that way.

I usually use the home page as a reference to new posts but I do refresh the page when I return to it. I suppose it is just a different way of doing the same thing but if others do the same as me they will miss my very interesting and informative posts:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just click the Forums.

Ah - one word answer.

But now I've looked again, it's still "New Posts" that immediately gives me access to current activity.

It does what it says on the tin.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back