LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
does anyone know what sort of habitat door lock i can get fitted for both inside and outside
after swmbo saw the posts regarding break ins she wants to be more secure god knows why she would scare any intended burglar anyway :roflmto:
i have seen these fiamma 1's but i aint got no idea what they are like and what they do

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have standard Yale locks fitted to all external doors, locker and habitat. No driver and passenger doors on the van.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Have a look at the Heosafe range of cab locks.

We have the Heosafe Hymer locks fitted, these were done by Harrisons in Worcester, very happy with the product and the service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
security

I have fitted bolts on rear and side doors. For the cab doors i drilled through door and button that you push down to lock and then insert a split pin at night through both door and button. Cheap and it works. BUSBY.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
does anyone know what sort of habitat door lock i can get fitted for both inside and outside

When people have gone to great lengths to lock themselves into there MHs, in one case leaning out of the driver's door to lock an external lock, I ask them what happens in the event of an emergency. You might need to get out in a great hurry.

I have all the doors wired, if they open any we all know about it, a far safer way in my opinion.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
When people have gone to great lengths to lock themselves into there MHs, in one case leaning out of the driver's door to lock an external lock, I ask them what happens in the event of an emergency. You might need to get out in a great hurry.

I have all the doors wired, if they open any we all know about it, a far safer way in my opinion.

I agree total madness, I'd never fit a lock that could'nt be operated from inside with a quick turn of a lever or slide a bolt, imagine hunting for a key in a fire situation.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I agree total madness, I'd never fit a lock that could'nt be operated from inside with a quick turn of a lever or slide a bolt, imagine hunting for a key in a fire situation.

Well you wouldn't would you? You'd just kick a window out. Same as someone trying to break in would.

Most break-ins are via a window of one sort or another. Upgraded door locks don't achieve any more security.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Bar is for cab doors and is a visible deterrent and ok if you are in the van
Peter

It's hard to fault that bar - simple, quick detach, visible, simple attach and surely adequate for the job. Which is for when you are home.

In many ways better than the alarm on my doors.

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
thy bar looks good but that seems tobe for the cab doors its the habitat door that needs the lock

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
But nothing, "they" can open the cab doors in a flash it would seem.

I've never seen it suggested but a good old door chain should do all you need when at home.

Yeah that's right a good old shoulder and the door flys open damaging both door and frame :Eeek:::bigsmile: LOCKS only keep honest people out :Eeek:::bigsmile:
I fitted 5 lever mortice deadlocks to one of my work vans (easy to do)all they did was smash the window :Doh::cry::Smile:
terry

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
A neighbour had his works van broken into a few times outside his house and tools stolen even though he had good extra locks they would just damage the van.The police advice leave it unlocked and at least they will not damage the van.The police knew who was doing all the stealing in the area but it is a lot easier to prosecute motorists going a few mph above the speed limit in my opinion.:Doh:

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
ok i have decided after all your great replies im gonn have bars fitted to the doors and windows like me flat in london has but i aint sure if i will be overweight:ROFLMAO:

redchad

Free Member
Mar 5, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Been at it 18 month
Having been broken into this summer in France at 4am (through the cab passenger door it's a fiat by the way) I've purchased a ratchet strap, to strap From door to door and a loud motion detector (battery operated) with Velcro tape to fix it in place when needed. All from B&Q. After our burglary i started to notice lots of MH's with doors strapped up at night.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back