Free Member
Dec 3, 2012
Northants
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
total newbie
Hi, total newbie here - please be patient !!

Just bought a 2001 Ci Arabella on a Fiat Ducato chassis - it's in v good condition. Sadly the elderly previous owner is suffering from Alzheimers now and can no longer use it and I bought it from his son, but with almost no instructions, knowledge or guidance as the son has never actually used the motorhome; so I have little info to go on - there's the background - now the questions.......

Does anyone know if this range of motorhome have an auxiliary battery ? where would it be located typically ? (because I can't find one other than the main battery in the engine bay) There is a control panel in the living area that has a button that activates/isolates the power in the living area to and from battery power but I can't imagine this is coming from the engine battery or is it ??

Surely that would qucikly drain the engine battery which is not a good idea. Does anyone have any experience of this model or where the auxiliary battery migth be located - if it even has one as standard.

All answers appreciated !!

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
our last van was a CI ,, they have a habit of putting the liesure battery outside underneath near the habitation door.. have a look around there first.:thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Colinp

Free Member
Dec 3, 2012
Northants
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
total newbie
I've had a look under the body couldn't see anyhting, but under the passenger seat sound promising - another friend suggested this too - it's not obviously there but I'll have a look for a panel or flap or something. thanks.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
mine had the liesure battery isolator switch under the drivers seat so have a shuffle... its there somewhere...:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
the later ducato has the engine battery in the cab floo rroughly central if its the same the one in the engine bay could be the extra one

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

whartoa

Free Member
Apr 3, 2013
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - McLouis
Exp
12 years
Hi,

We used to have an Arabella. There never was a manual for it but I (sadly) took the time to capture loads of "stuff" from the various manuals supplied with the "van" and wrote one.

It says the battery is under the Passegner seat.

It's too large to attach here but I can e-mail if you want. We PX'd a long time ago (and I left a copy in the van when we did) but I still have the file.

Upvote 0

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
Hi, total newbie here - please be patient !!

Just bought a 2001 Ci Arabella on a Fiat Ducato chassis - it's in v good condition. Sadly the elderly previous owner is suffering from Alzheimers now and can no longer use it and I bought it from his son, but with almost no instructions, knowledge or guidance as the son has never actually used the motorhome; so I have little info to go on - there's the background - now the questions.......

Does anyone know if this range of motorhome have an auxiliary battery ? where would it be located typically ? (because I can't find one other than the main battery in the engine bay) There is a control panel in the living area that has a button that activates/isolates the power in the living area to and from battery power but I can't imagine this is coming from the engine battery or is it ??

Surely that would qucikly drain the engine battery which is not a good idea. Does anyone have any experience of this model or where the auxiliary battery migth be located - if it even has one as standard.

All answers appreciated !!

What did CI say?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back