Habitation Water Pump - Georgie Boy (1 Viewer)

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Hi all,

I have a couple of questions about the water pump on the Landau (cue another manual download from Lindy :Smile:)

1) Where is it? Physically, I mean?, And how easy is it to get to?

2) Does anyone have any tips for reducing (I know you can't eliminate) the noise when it's pumping? I've heard conflicting suggestions that either a) mounting it without any isolation or b) mounting it WITH rubber feet isolation may help.

Does anyone have practical experience of a solution that has worked for them please? The pump works fine, it just seems a little intrusive "noise-wise" when in use.
Hope you can help:Smile:
Thanks all,
Papa

Last edited:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Building a sound deadening enclosure for it, while at the same time ensuring it is easily removable and has sufficient airflow.

Bit of a contradiction I know, But the runtimes shouldn't be that long so heat , I guess, shouldn't be a problem.

Personally that is the way I would tackle it.

If the noise is being amplified by the surrrounding Bodywork via the mountings I would personally bolt the Pump onto a plate that had medium density rubber on the floor side and stuck down with velcro.No bolts needed, and very easily removed for maintenance.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
All standard RV pumps are noisy Papa.

You could mount it as AD says, alternatively you could fit one of these http://www.shurflo.com/pdf/rv/911_trouble_shooting/new/911-690-B.pdf
they do make a difference.

They don't come with a manual as such, more of an instruction leaflet...... http://www.shurflo.com/pdf/rv/911_trouble_shooting/new/911-352-I.pdf

As for exactly where it is located - I am embarrassed to say, I have no idea as I personally have not had the vehicle apart. It could be concealed behind a panel beneath one of the sinks, beneath the rear bed, or behind one of the pull out drawers.......James will know but I have no means of contacting him at this moment in time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thats a job I must get round to on our Georgie Boy, The pump is a real grunter. If I forget to turn it off at night and one of the kids uses the loo, the noise of the pump wakes me with a real start:Eeek:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Its very easy Papa
Have a good look round and find all the places you or any reasonable thinking man would put it,for ease of fitting and maintenance
Then look elsewhere cos it wont be there:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
If you cant find it we'll get the team on the job at Newark:thumb:
Geo

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Its very easy Papa
Have a good look round and find all the places you or any reasonable thinking man would put it,for ease of fitting and maintenance
Then look elsewhere cos it wont be there:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
If you cant find it we'll get the team on the job at Newark:thumb:
Geo

I like the thinking Geo.

Wheelies at Newark eh? :thumb:

Brits-Rv

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
Hi Papa,
Our pump is located under the rear bed behind a panel. There is a square out, srewed down on top of the base.
I hate to tell you this papa but our pump is not noisy its a shuflo (whispa king).

Phyl.

OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Thanks all. I shall go hunting with torch and hope....

On a separate subject I have a tip (my first as an RV owner!)

If you are nervous about heights and decide to go onto the roof to fit something, read the instructions BEFORE you go up - this way you will realise you need something else to complete the job before you stand on a platform 12 feet high on a windy day and then realise you have to get down again and it's another trip to the shops....

martyn

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chelmsford,Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11Years
Hi Papa,just a tip that may help.Rip everything out,bed,shower,toilet,engine/gearbox,and eventually you will find the water pump.Cut the wires with an axe,VOILA!! no more noisy pump.After re-installing everything,if there are any bits left over,you can donate them to a charity of your choice.Look forward to meeting you at Newark to share some more of my top tips.Failing that go with Linda's idea.:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
We found the pump under the floor of the wardrobe on our Georgie Boy Swinger. The pump was mounted on rubber feet but connected up with solid pipes. We replaced the pipe from the pump with flexible hosing which reduced the noise considerably. At least it didn't sound like a machine gun anymore:ROFLMAO:

Regards
Doug

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
I fitted the flexible pipes on either side of the pump made a difference .

Regards

Lampie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back