Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
If you are in Spain you may have noticed if you have had your television on today that you have no Channel 5 in Spain on tghe costas.
The channel along with some of the ITV channels have been moved to the new narrow beam satelite more channels, BBC1,2 Channel 4 and others are likely to follow before the end of the year.
So if you want to keep up with your corry street in Spain you will probably need a 2 metre or so dish on the roof of your camper/caravan, really practical that.

The powers that be in the UK obviously feel that you are getting something you should't have so they had better stop it.:swear::swear:

More information can be found on www.satandpcguy.com a very handy web site in Spain.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Lived in Majorca 30 years ago - then had to :

Read books

Listen to audio tapes

Watch video tapes

Or go to the local bars..........
:thumb:

OP
OP
Dreamchaserrv

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
There is always an upside to it the wife can't inflict Deal or no Deal on me and joy of joys I won't be able to see the X Factor :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
If you are in Spain you may have noticed if you have had your television on today that you have no Channel 5 in Spain on tghe costas.
The channel along with some of the ITV channels have been moved to the new narrow beam satelite more channels, BBC1,2 Channel 4 and others are likely to follow before the end of the year.
So if you want to keep up with your corry street in Spain you will probably need a 2 metre or so dish on the roof of your camper/caravan, really practical that.

[HI]The powers that be in the UK obviously feel that you are getting something you should't have so they had better stop it.:swear::swear:[/HI]

More information can be found on www.satandpcguy.com a very handy web site in Spain.

All channels still booming in here, loud and clear, in Good Old Blighty...:winky::winky: :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
All channels romped in on 60cm dish ( with pretty damned good LNB glued on the front ! ) in southern Spain.. Loads of peeps with massive free standing dishes but my little old automatic works just fine on the roof !

A lot of people use huge dishes and rather duff LNB's ( I saw a couple that were actually rated at 1.2dB and higher.. I have a .6 on at the moment but am about to swap it out for a .1dB unit.. Not a cheapo option but it works very well indeed :thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
All channels still booming in here, loud and clear, in Good Old Blighty...:winky::winky: :thumb:

Yes but our compensation is wall to walll sunshine, Has your snow arrived yet?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have just came back from Sardinia, South of France, Spain & Portugal over October & November.... When in Barcelona 4 weeks ago it was tipping down and blowing a gale.:Cool: Yes we had a brief flurry of snow here the other day. It was really nice.:thumb:

We will be back in Portugal in a fortnight's time, after enjoying several Xmas parties here....:beer::wine::drink::party2:

My "compensation" is the best of both worlds thanks.........:Tongue1::Tongue1::imoutahere::winky:

OP
OP
Dreamchaserrv

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
I have just came back from Sardinia, South of France, Spain & Portugal over October & November.... When in Barcelona 4 weeks ago it was tipping down and blowing a gale.:Cool: Yes we had a brief flurry of snow here the other day. It was really nice.:thumb:

We will be back in Portugal in a fortnight's time, after enjoying several Xmas parties here....:beer::wine::drink::party2:

My "compensation" is the best of both worlds thanks.........:Tongue1::Tongue1::imoutahere::winky:

Wow touchy touchyopp5

bob

Free Member
Feb 10, 2008
ALDRIDGE WEST MIDS
Funster No
MH
rapido
Exp
SINCE 1992
channel 5

Still getting channels 1 to 5 on 1.1mtr dish with a decent lnb which happens to be invacom quad and we are at the moment on bonaterra park Benicassim in the sun. will wait and see want tonight brings

OP
OP
Dreamchaserrv

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
Still getting channels 1 to 5 on 1.1mtr dish with a decent lnb which happens to be invacom quad and we are at the moment on bonaterra park Benicassim in the sun. will wait and see want tonight brings

Hi Bob,
At Vinaros nobody on site can get 5 even on 1.2 dish. Can getb 5HD but not +1 or5* or 5usa . Will wait and see what happens. No chance when we go down to Almeria. :thumb:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Hi Bob,
At Vinaros nobody on site can get 5 even on 1.2 dish. Can getb 5HD but not +1 or5* or 5usa . Will wait and see what happens. No chance when we go down to Almeria. :thumb:

We are at El Portus near Cartagena. We lost these this morning

10.964 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (CH5/5USA/5*/Channel 5+1),

10.994 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (ITV 1 Granada HD/ITV 1 Central South West SD/ITV 1 Anglia West SD/ITV 1 Meridian North SD/ITV 1 Yorkshire East SD/ITV 1+1 Yorkshire SD),

11.052 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (ITV 1 Central South SD/ITV 1 Central East SD/ITV 1+1 Wales SD/ITV 1+1 Westcountry SD/ITV 1+1 Tyne Tees SD), and

11.126 V SR 22.000 FEC 5/6 (Channel 4 HD/4Seven SD

We have an 85cm Oyster Dish on the Motorhome.

BBC 1, 2 etc Ch4 and ITV1 (Tyne Tees) are still being recieved at present but it looks like we will lose them all by the end of the year.

John

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

I just noticed i have no channel 5 and i have a 2 metre dish, gerrrrrrrrrrrr