Free Member
Nov 29, 2012
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since June 2012
Hi all, recently signed up to motorhome fun. This is our first post so please be gentle!
We're looking to cross into Morocco in January in our motorhome & Scooter. We have a green card for the motorhome, do we need a green card for the scooter too?
Thanks advance

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Yes you do. Also you will need all original docs, ie, logbook etc in your name. If your scooter insurer wont give you a green card then Moroccan insurance can be bought as you get off the ferry in Tangier.

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Scooting in Morocco

Hi,

I agree with the previous response. The V5 will also almost certainly be needed at the border as you "import" your vehicles. On a lighter note, your scooter will come in handy in some of the souks, where you spend almost as much time dodging local lads on mopeds as shopping, despite the narrow alleys! You'll enjoy the trip, but beware the police radar traps, especially those on the last few miles into Essaouira from the Marrakech side. Several of our party got caught, and there are no warnings. In our case the kindly policeman gave us back 100 or the 300 Dirham fine for allegedly doing 92 in an 80 limit. We didn't argue, but we didn't get a ticket or receipt so your guess as to where the 200 went is as good as mine!

The local kids line the roads and wave everywhere, which cheers you no end, but some did throw stones at us (only twice though in a whole month). The driving standards over there are something else, so keep your eyes peeled and don't be surprise if you find someone approaching you on your side of the road (even on a dual). Might be a bike, a moped, a donkey or even a cow, sheep or goat!

Gary ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The local kids line the roads and wave everywhere, which cheers you no end, but some did throw stones at us (only twice though in a whole month).

Gary ::bigsmile:

We've still got the mark on the passenger window, it sounded like a bullet hit it. This was Chefchauen. Great pity because as you say the people we lovely everywhere else.

Scooter: Choose your roads when to use it, a dirt bike would suit many. We gave up on push bikes once, before the frame snapped or we did. Not a main road but a regular road.

"maybe tomorrow" not good enough for FUN "Definitely Tomorrow" is acceptable.

OP
OP
M

maybe tomorrow

Free Member
Nov 29, 2012
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since June 2012
Thanks

Wow... quick response! thanks all for your speedy replies and advice, we will look to get it when we arrive.

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Please let me know how you get on with scooter as I intend to use my scooter in morocco in October next year!:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back