Auto electrician Suffolk / Norfolk recommendations please (1 Viewer)

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
auto spark

Whats your problem? There maybe m/h engineers better qualified to sort out your problem rather than a general auto spark.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Not quite a simple as that Brian, you know we are not daft :winky: I really would like a recommendation as to a good 'local' person to have a look. Jane

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Bob, come on over mate.. Motorhome lectrics are bread and butter stuff.. Not a problem ( The Only Sue just sent me a text to let me know you had posted ! Been busy doing .. you guessed it, 12 v system in a brit mh that had the habitat feed switching off when the ignition comes on.. a reet pain in the parts ! )

Last edited:
OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Thanks John :thumb:

We have found and repaired a chewed in half wire, :Doh: and had the charger on all night and that's working, but since I have turned it off the batteries are not holding the charge, just sent my assistant out to get some new ones, and will see what happens then.
I think the battery management has sent the contol panel into shutdown mode.:cry:

You will be the first to know how we get on. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Not the batteries...looks like it may well be the control panel, got 12.65v getting up to there but the control panel does not recognise it as getting any. It would seem. Anyone know where we can get a C2015 control panel (CBE) Thanks, Jane

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Not the batteries...looks like it may well be the control panel, got 12.65v getting up to there but the control panel does not recognise it as getting any. It would seem. Anyone know where we can get a C2015 control panel (CBE) Thanks, Jane

Marcle Leisure.

But, having found one chewed wire why not two, or, why would the control panel fail at exactly the same time as a chewed wired ?

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi dont know if these can be of help, have used them a few times, they have loads of new and used stuff for motorhomes, very helpful folk

so much stuff there , telephone as not everything is on the website

http://www.caravanbreakers.net/

this is also them....

Kath

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Motor mehanic

Not quite a simple as that Brian, you know we are not daft :winky: I really would like a recommendation as to a good 'local' person to have a look. Jane

Try Waveney Motorhomes, a mobile chap who has years of experience on motorhomes. he worked for Simpsons before he struck out on his own and he sorted my boiler and fitted my solar panel to a high standard at very reasonable cost.He is electrical and gas qualified. Do a google search for Waveney motorhomes and have a look at his website.

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Les, our local auto electrician was right. The control panel has gone hauwire (thanks Gaz and Julie for letting us try it on yours ::bigsmile:) So, we need a CBE panel, model number C2015 anyone got one on their shelf? Jane

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Les, our local auto electrician was right. The control panel has gone hauwire (thanks Gaz and Julie for letting us try it on yours ::bigsmile:) So, we need a CBE panel, model number C2015 anyone got one on their shelf? Jane

I have even spotted the problem with the control panel now. The battery had leaked a bit and run down to a small black square thing on the board, it has teeny tiny writing on it saying - 6+ 31G
This has caused gunky green and brown stuff....Still only spotted it properly with a good light and a magnifying glass though I did see residue on the inside of the frame too. Anyway, anyone know about repairing PCB boards? Jane :RollEyes:

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Try a TV repair shop. They are few and far between but they do still exist. Probably better to look for a one man band out of the yellow pages rather than a chain store.

The only think I can think might leak anything when it goes wrong would be a capacitor. If this is the only damage it should be easy to make a repair and the component won't be expensive.

Goog luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back