"Best" Motorhome? (1 Viewer)

K

klaatu

Deleted User
If money was no object, which motorhome would you buy?

I know this is partly subjective, and depends on your individual requirements, but I guess what I'm really asking is: Are there any manufacturers which have a reputation for building good, high quality motorhomes, even if they come at a higher price?

Steve

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Most of the German motorhomes have enjoyed an excellent reputation over the last 30 years. Whether their standards are falling or the rest of the world are catching up I am not sure. But these days many French, Italian, and British Motorhomes can IMO easily hold there own. Most manufacturers make models from budget to exclusive so its difficult to honestly say that one manufacturer is better than everyone else across the board.

Buying the better models from almost any of the manufacturer these days and you will probably have a machine that will last for many years.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
We went to the NEC last weekend and spent some time wandering around various manufacturers. We didn't see anything, British or European, that we would swap our current 'van for. I was disappointed with the alleged 'superior' build quality of a lot of the European vans, and found that the layouts in most of them were totally unsuitable or very 'cramped'.
Looks like we'll be keeping ours for a while, then!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

klaatu

Deleted User
Thanks for the replies, peeps.

Rockie - that's a seriously impressive beast! If only they could use Tardis technology and make it a bit smaller on the outside ::bigsmile:

Jim - From looking at brochures I was getting the impression that the German ones did seem to just have the edge (looked at Hymer and Buerstner so far). Due to our location, we have yet to see any 'in the flesh'.

Castaway - what van do you have currently?

Steve

Upvote 0
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
My choice (if money wasn't an issue) would be one of these
Link Removed
Link Removed
Not a lot of use on Orkney though :roflmto:

Upvote 0
Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
Well if I had the money it would be an RV as they are just great. Also would need plenty of money to run one............... I can but dream.

Upvote 0

deepstar

Free Member
Dec 27, 2007
lancashire
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
30+
burstner

try a burstner low profile you wont go far wrong
good luck
rgds deepstar :thumb::Eeek:::bigsmile:

If money was no object, which motorhome would you buy?

I know this is partly subjective, and depends on your individual requirements, but I guess what I'm really asking is: Are there any manufacturers which have a reputation for building good, high quality motorhomes, even if they come at a higher price?

Steve

Upvote 0
T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
I'm with you Linda. Here's the Marathon Prevost that we liked when we visited the Marathon factory in Coburg, Oregon, right across the street from the Monaco factory. Marathon is one of a number of Prevost conversion companies; They all buy the bus shell/chassis from Prevost in Canada and turn them into luxury coaches.

What's amazing is that these coaches receive 16-18 coats of paint. If there's, for example, a gold stripe required, the entire coach is painted gold, then the stripe is masked before the next color goes on. While we were there, a coach came out of the oven painted gold all over; That meant the coach would end up with a gold stripe.

If you break down on the road, the coach communicates with a data/diagnostics centre in the factory where techs can analyze what's going on.

Attachments

• Marathon2.jpg
    Marathon2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 95
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
I'm with you Linda. Here's the Marathon Prevost that we liked when we visited the Marathon factory in Coburg, Oregon, right across the street from the Monaco factory. Marathon is one of a number of Prevost conversion companies; They all buy the bus shell/chassis from Prevost in Canada and turn them into luxury coaches.

What's amazing is that these coaches receive 16-18 coats of paint. If there's, for example, a gold stripe required, the entire coach is painted gold, then the stripe is masked before the next color goes on. While we were there, a coach came out of the oven painted gold all over; That meant the coach would end up with a gold stripe.

If you break down on the road, the coach communicates with a data/diagnostics centre in the factory where techs can analyze what's going on.

Now THAT'S what I call a motorhome! :roflmto:

Upvote 0
T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Hope the toilet hasn't got a glass door on it!!!

There's nowt wrong with glass toilet doors.

A couple of years ago my wife was fixated on buying a larger boat. The master suite had 'his' and 'hers' toilets, one on either side of a large shower stall. If you were sitting on one of the potties you could see through the shower into the other toilet. All 3 stalls had a button you could press which "fogged up" the respective glass so it was no longer transparent.

I was sweating about how I was going to come up with $2.3M to pay for this nice feature when, out of the blue, my wife said "maybe we should change the coach instead of the boat". I was down the dealer and bought a new coach before she could change her mind. Quick thinking on my part saved me a cool $2M. Phew!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
There's nowt wrong with glass toilet doors.

A couple of years ago my wife was fixated on buying a larger boat. The master suite had 'his' and 'hers' toilets, one on either side of a large shower stall. If you were sitting on one of the potties you could see through the shower into the other toilet. All 3 stalls had a button you could press which "fogged up" the respective glass so it was no longer transparent.

I was sweating about how I was going to come up with $2.3M to pay for this nice feature when, out of the blue, my wife said "maybe we should change the coach instead of the boat". I was down the dealer and bought a new coach before she could change her mind. Quick thinking on my part saved me a cool $2M. Phew!

:Cool::Cool::Cool::thumb:

Upvote 0

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
It's Will Smith's Eileen.

Just caught my eye. Love the lines of the RV. That guy must have good taste IMHO.:Cool:

There's a dealer on the way down to Venice in Florida who sells these. We looked at them in January just incredible, don't know where you'd use it outside the states though and you'd need a lottery win to buy one.

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
There's a dealer on the way down to Venice in Florida who sells these. We looked at them in January just incredible, don't know where you'd use it outside the states though and you'd need a lottery win to buy one.

Hi Ror,

Give me the address please?

I would love to see one.They are so Coooooooooooooooooooooool IMHO.:Cool:

Steve.

Upvote 0

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Steve I've got a business card somewhere I'll try and find it before Newark.

Upvote 0

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Steve found it.
Theres a link below then go to the Dynamax showroom. We went for a drive down the coast towards Venice when we came across them. Big dealership selling everything from small vans to $1 million Dynamax. Very nice people though even let us have a look at the Dynamax

Link Removed

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Steve found it.
Theres a link below then go to the Dynamax showroom. We went for a drive down the coast towards Venice when we came across them. Big dealership selling everything from small vans to $1 million Dynamax. Very nice people though even let us have a look at the Dynamax

Link Removed

Cheers Ror,

Might "accidentally" arrange to drive past there on our travels.Nudge Nudge Know what I mean.:RollEyes:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back