Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
I see lots of posts on here asking how to properly upload photos, knowing the right size, getting it the right size, thumbnails etc. but no-one seems to answer. Is it possible for a 'how-to' in the photo section? The 'help' in the photo upload page is not useful in this respect.

ken

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I see lots of posts on here asking how to properly upload photos, knowing the right size, getting it the right size, thumbnails etc. but no-one seems to answer. Is it possible for a 'how-to' in the photo section? The 'help' in the photo upload page is not useful in this respect.

ken

Hi Ken, posted this just yesterday.

Link Removed

OP
OP
J

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Does'nt work for me Jim, just comes up with a blank page. Do I need a flash player or something or is it Norton security stopping it.

ken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
well jigger me. Just as I posted my reply Jim, your video worked. Yes it's good but I feel a lot of confusion surrounds the sizing. Most people just put photos on their computers straight from a camera not knowing the size of file or pixels. When it comes to uploading the photos, I suspect they get confused, I do any-way.

ken

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
well jigger me. Just as I posted my reply Jim, your video worked. Yes it's good but I feel a lot of confusion surrounds the sizing. Most people just put photos on their computers straight from a camera not knowing the size of file or pixels. When it comes to uploading the photos, I suspect they get confused, I do any-way.

ken

Hi Ken, sorry you have had problems. I know there is a bit of confusion. Over the next month or so I will try and upload some video help files for all aspects of the site, including some extensive ones about uploading photos and placing photos in posts etc.

Meanwhile, you need to look at your photos in an editor, and ensure that they are saved as jpg and are no bigger than 2500 pixels high by 2500 wide. They should the upload OK. These are large enough for the site, any bigger and our server would run out of space very quickly.

I look forward to seeing some of your photos soon:Smile:

OP
OP
J

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
thanks for that Jim. I will give it a go and get some photos up.

ken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back