Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi All!

I need advices: Which part in Center of London is safer for a couple of girls to book an hotel please?

Do you know any nice hotel (nice = clean , rather quiet, wifi, and private bathroom)you would recommand? Around 120euros/night maximum.... Does it only exists within this price?? It would be even better with underground not too far or buses to be a proper tourist::bigsmile:

Thanks a lot!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
london

Try Groupon.com
London Area
You can see details of each hotel and phone up to find out about the area.
Roger & Sheila:Smile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I have already made a few searches on the net , the thing is , I have no idea of how crowdy this area can be compared to another, or if not really the right place to have young girl roaming (nor older ...). I would like some personnal experience ... which is more difficult to find on the net . There are comments , left by "customers" who are not always customers , so you can't really rely on , if you see what I mean . But thanks anyway for your input!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

thearchitect

Free Member
Sep 20, 2012
North London
Funster No
MH
Getting closer.
Exp
Short stint 1972-6 none since
It does rather depend on when you want to go, Fridays and Saturdays tend to be a little cheaper than other days for example and £100 per night (for two) in Central London will limit your choice. :Sad:

However for a clean room with en-suite bathroom have a look at the Premier Inn Hotels in London, nothing special but they are clean and normally in fairly safe areas. I particularly like the Premier Inn London in County Hall, great location, however they also have some other good locations in central London. If you can book at least 5 weeks ahead (I think) the prices are more reasonable, the later you leave it the higher the price.:Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Frankie
We visited London last November when my daughter was on the west end for one night, my parents came with us so had to be close to underground for my mum to save her walking. We stayed at best western Swiss cottage hotel it is right next to underground and has loads of restaurants and shops close by. The underground journey took about 10mins, can't remember if they had wifi I'm sure they did. The rooms where lovely and clean and more of a old fashion hotel rather than modern chain, here is a link hope it helps.

http://www.bestwestern.co.uk/hotels/swiss-cottage-hotel-london-83650/hotel-info/default.aspx

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Hi Frankie,

I don't know if you (they) intend to arrive by plane, train or car.

I used to work and live in London many years ago, but now only visit from time to time.
Normally Central London can be very expensive but there are deals to be had. However some of the "cheaper" hotels close in to the Centre can be in back streets in areas where I would not necessarily want my grown up girls to be out late at night, (Kings Cross etc)

Myself and the wife tend to use the Holiday Inn Express at Park Royal.

One of the reasons we use it is because it is outside the Congestion Zone so we do not get charged for the car if we drive down to London, and it has car parking available at the hotel (£10 per night, cheap for London).

Another good reason is that directly behind the Hotel is North Acton Tube (Underground) Station which will take you directly into the heart of London in about 15 minutes. It is a 2 minute walk from the hotel door to the Tube Station platform. The hotel is actually about 6 or 8 miles from all the central London attractions, but the Tube will take you straight there.

The hotel price includes breakfast, so after breakfast we would just hop on the Tube and head into town for the day getting a late tube back to the hotel. We have never had a problem. If I remember correctly they have free wifi in the reception / bar area.

I just did a search and standard twin or double room (allensuite) costs from approx £80 or €100 per night. Obviously searching the web and booking in advance can get you the best prices.

There so many places to stay in London, but of course as you say personal feedback can be invaluable. Hope this helps or gives you some ides. :thumb:

BobT

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
London Hotels

I suggest you look at Travel Lodge hotels. The hotels are modern and the rooms are always clean and include en-suite bathrooms. Many have a restaurant which is very cheap and you can get packages that include the room + breakfast + dinner + drink. The food in the restaurants is even edible sometimes!
I expect the kids are not interested in haute cuisine so the restaurant with meal deal would probably be ok for them. If you look at their website you willk see that they have many hotels in the London area. The prices vary a little, but weekends are certainly cheaper. If you find some that appeal to you I will gladly advise on the type of area it is in.
Good luck,

Bob Thornton

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
The travel is planned from the 1st to the 4th of August 2013... by plane, back on the 4th midday most probably, so will include at least one night over the week end.
I have seen already the prices and I am quite aware that it can't be very cheap, but booking in advanced allows good prices most of the time ... especially in August.... full tourists period!!
Thanks for the links ... I'll have a good look and will make my god daughter choose.

It will be my Christmas present for her (+ Baccalaureat , that she successfully passed last june). She is my only niece , and my sister's lonely child , so of course don't want to be in a risky area (of course you can't know before ... and yes I know anything can happen anywhere really ... just trying to have more chances to be left in peace on my side:winky:)

I just hope now that she'll be free ... no reason she would not be , but if not will probably either offer the tickets to my parents (who are a bit poshy....:RollEyes:) or go with one of my best friends .

Keep the links and informations going... it's just perfect:thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Frankie, My people tell me that JJ takes a suite at The Lanesborough when in town for the night. Am sure he could get a discount if asked nicely :winky:

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Hi Frankie, My people tell me that JJ takes a suite at The Lanesborough when in town for the night. Am sure he could get a discount if asked nicely :winky:

:Eeek::Eeek:Yeah right ... Now you want my purse to die in agony:roflmto: ...Even with a discount (I could probably ask , very very nicely:RollEyes:) I could only stay in there... let's say ... an hour:Doh:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
:Eeek::Eeek:Yeah right ... Now you want my purse to die in agony:roflmto: ...Even with a discount (I could probably ask , very very nicely:RollEyes:) I could only stay in there... let's say ... an hour:Doh:

He tells me The Royal Suite is very comfortable and boasts quite pleasant views but he was most perturbed when told the price did not include VAT and that they would not except cash. Damned upstarts :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Used already a few links and ... methinks I'm gonna put some more money on this hotel ... I like the very british ones , old fashions ....I wonder....errr ...I might ask if they rent rooms at Buckingham Palace...::bigsmile:
Seriously I do prefer the ones I saw in the Old City or Kensington area... I even had a look at the London Lodge hotel ..; all Victorian style furnished (you can book a limousine to get you at the airport .. for some more money ... Woohoo let's be mad !!! ...Don't read this JJ , you'll go nuts!:ROFLMAO: I guess you'll get Chris to be our very private chauffeur!:winky:)

nucs200

Free Member
Sep 4, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
a while now
hi frankie i do a lot of contracting in london and have stayed in loads of different hotels and a lot of the reviews dont always resemble the hotels so its hard to get a true picture try the Princess Square hotel in Bayswater ive stayed in it, its a good clean hotel been refurbished pretty safe round there lots of tourists ,ive sent my kids to its close to queensway (cental line)and bayswater tubes (zone one) plenty of buses , walking distance to hyde park ,kensington palace i do know a couple of others but prefer this one just google it :Cool:

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Or

They are fine and safe,,, wifi? Hmmmm not sure...

Well they don't say NO , just that when booking you have to ask to your chosen hotel what kind of facilities it offers. Obviously they don't have all the same ones!

I am going to print a first selection of the ones which seem to either fit my budget and the kind of stay I would like for us and see what pleases her most . It will still be possible to add other hotels to the list.

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
hi frankie i do a lot of contracting in london and have stayed in loads of different hotels and a lot of the reviews dont always resemble the hotels so its hard to get a true picture try the Princess Square hotel in Bayswater ive stayed in it, its a good clean hotel been refurbished pretty safe round there lots of tourists ,ive sent my kids to its close to queensway (cental line)and bayswater tubes (zone one) plenty of buses , walking distance to hyde park ,kensington palace i do know a couple of others but prefer this one just google it :Cool:

Just had a look and it's all booked for the dates I have asked ... Pity !
Thanks anyway!

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Hi Frankie, As has been mentioned in an earlier post The Premier Inn is a good choice and has spacious rooms with very comfortable beds, WIFI is £3 a day or free when sitting in the bar/lounge area.
If booking well in advance they do some great deals at £29 a night:thumb:They have a good night guarantee.
Because of my work i have stayed in hundreds up and down the country and have never been dissapointed, The full breakfast is £7.99 all you can eat, Continental is around £2.99.

Good luck with your search.

:Cool:Rob:Cool:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If I had known earlier Princess I would have bought you a hotel for your visit... :winky:

Sadly my mate Sheik Mansour has tapped me for a few million to buy Man City some more players so I am a bit short of readies at the moment... :Sad:

JJ :Cool:

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
If I had known earlier Princess I would have bought you a hotel for your visit... :winky:

Sadly my mate Sheik Mansour has tapped me for a few million to buy Man City some more players so I am a bit short of readies at the moment... :Sad:

JJ :Cool:

Would you please watch my bicycle on the back of your hymer instead of posting about Sheik Something:Angry:.... Men !!!

May be you can provide pocket money:Blush:

Your Princess::bigsmile:

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Hi
I used to have a small hotel in the lake district( a bit to far to commute to London) but I would say look at the reviews on booking.com and late rooms.com
But these booking sites charge the hotels up to 20% commission. So always try directly to get the best price.
We stayed at the Hilton Kensington and got a double room with breakfast for £100 per night.
This time of year is a great time to get a bargain:thumb:
Best of luck
Martin

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
May as well book a premier inn or tarvelodge, the quality is all the same worldwide, the prices are reasonable. Try east Lndon first, as its easy to get into the centre of town (10 mins on bus) and the big university is there so loads of other young people.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Frankie darling - in August this year - me and the rock star stayed at Premier Inn Euston for 4 nights.

Can't fault it on any level - FABULOUS!!

Cheap, comfortable, friendly, great restaurant, clean. All you could want.
Best ever budget hotel anywhere in the world and we've stayed in a few :winky::winky::winky:

Plenty of buses very close also tube - we only used the bus as we have free pensioner passes :winky::winky::winky: Must have saved about £50 over the week on travel within London!:winky:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
You should be able to get some good deals with the big chain hotels booking this far in advance. Don't rule out the Hiltons etc (as above). As far as I know, the premier inns always have wifi - it is one of their selling points. Best of luck with your searches

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
We've stayed before at the Premier Inn at Southwark. On the South Bank, very near the Globe (Shakespeare) Theatre and Tate Modern. Handy for London Bridge and the Tube. Also nearby is the riverboat terminal which will whisk you up or down river - a much more refined way to travel in London in August.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back