Free Member
Apr 22, 2010
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel kountrylite
Exp
Started in VW Kombi in 1971
Is there any Funster staying at La Bella Vista, south of Estepona. We are thinking of staying there but would like some feedback first.
Thanks
Mike

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

That looks nice and right on the beach, bit pricey 24 euros a night, and from what I see if your long term 400 a month but you pay for your electric ?
Here it is 415 a month all in. 5 Min's walk to the beach, however it does look nice will try it out on rout to Morocco in January.

cheers:

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
That looks nice and right on the beach, bit pricey 24 euros a night, and from what I see if your long term 400 a month but you pay for your electric ?
Here it is 415 a month all in. 5 Min's walk to the beach, however it does look nice will try it out on rout to Morocco in January.

cheers:

415 per month but where is here?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Doh :ROFLMAO: Camping Cabapino in between Marbella and Fungirola.

OP
OP
mikeman

mikeman

Free Member
Apr 22, 2010
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel kountrylite
Exp
Thanks for your comments Crizatuk. I think we will try a couple of nights before continuing on the cabapino.
Are there many vacant pitches at cabo?

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
There are a pitches left yes, you might end up under the trees if you have a fifth wheeler, as not sure of your length. ???
But the sun is out and not a cloud in the sky, and its forecast to stay like this for the next 10 days :thumb:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Bella Vista

Hi Mikeman, we stayed at Cabopino in the way down to join up for the October Moroccan tour, but wished we hadn't. People on site were friendly and facilities ok, (apart from the water supply failing one morning just as everyone wanted the showers, etc) but we just didn't like the very busy and noisy highway right outside the site and the restaurant (great food and service notwithstanding) was very expensive. Also, you won't get sat signal unless you are lucky with the pitch. (Trees).

On our way back, 6 vans for our party stayed at Bella Vista on the recommendation of some who had stayed there on the way out. It is a new site, so lacks shade, but the facilities are hotel class. Underground shower/toilet block, all fully heated. Restaurant and shop on site, good pitches, all with drain, water, and levy. Plus site has a gate opening onto the promenade. From there ŵe walked 200 yards north to a cluster of restaurants and enjoyed a lovely farewell meal with our new friends from the tour.

Price is comparable with Cabo I'd say, but wifi is free. Would we go back? Without a doubt! Downsides? We don't really like that part of Spain, and the marina nearby was surrounded by English style "pubs" and full of Brits abroad......though it was October half-term!

Depending o. What floats your boat, e found an even better site further North as Los Madriles, Isla Plana, just south of Cartagena. Wonderful, unspoilt and we will definitely be returning there next year for several weeks.

Regards, Gary::bigsmile:

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

I do agree with the previous comment on the trees here at Cabo, but there are places still here that get sun, and you dont here the road the further back yo go, on the price we pay 414 euros a month, at La Bella its 400 but you are metered on electric ? may work out more expensive, mind you if the wifi is free and its good that might make a difference. ? I will give this place a try for a night or 2 on my way to meet the other crowd going to Morocco in Jan.

OP
OP
mikeman

mikeman

Free Member
Apr 22, 2010
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel kountrylite
Exp
Thanks for your comments Gary. I am at La bella Vista at the moment. It is a nice campsite and no trees means we can use the satellite dish, access to the pitches is very tight for a 5th wheel. I feel it is too expensive for short stays. 24 euros per night.
I stayed at isla Plana about 6 years ago but not at los madriles. Los madriles does not accept dogs, but I do like the area.
Hope there are some good pitches at Cabopino tomorrow!
Mike

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We stayed at Cabopino for 3 nights. Yes the people are great but we would never stay there again.
We were plagued with voltage drops (fridge would not work)
Also our fridge would not go onto gas now know power board is goosed €270 + labour to replace.
I could not prove site electrics were at fault but it worked fine till we stayed there. :Eeek:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Cabopino and voltage drops

Hi Ken,

Had forgotten about those. We had some too, though in fairness, not nearly as many as we had whilst in Morocco. We were on the October C & C Club tour and it happened on almost every site. Worst was the site outside Marrakech which lost power for almost the full three days we were there. We were ok as we had 2 x 11kg Gaslow tanks plus a Camping Gaz cylinder for the Cadac, but the unexpected heavy drain on gas supplies did cause problems for some couples. Once had a power board go on us too. We were on our first trip in our first van (a new Dethleffs) in North Yorks on a cold winters night, when the power failed. Needed a brand new Electroblock (warranty).

Lots of people use Cabopino and quite a few of those we spoke to were long term, regular stayers each winter, so I guess we all have our likes and dislikes!:Smile:

OP
OP
mikeman

mikeman

Free Member
Apr 22, 2010
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel kountrylite
Exp
Arrived at Cabopino yesterday and got a great pitch. Easy to access and sunny and not too far from the ablution block, and very little noticeable road noise. I think we will happy here for the next month. It is nearly 10 euros per night cheaper than La Bella Vista but no free wifi.
Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back