ADAC - positive result (1 Viewer)

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
We needed to use ADAC for our car at home, I was concerned having read many negative reviews. This was my experience.

Telephoned ADAC (you need to push '2' for 'breakdown' once the machine answers) immediately put through to a polite English speaking person.

Five minutes later received text from AA confirming they hope to be there in 35 mins, followed by another text confirming they would be there in 15 mins and arrived within 5 mins! :whatthe:

So from our telephone call to Germany the ADAC / AA was at our house in 20 minutes. He also helped with some advice regarding our van. ::bigsmile:

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
We needed to use ADAC for our car at home, I was concerned having read many negative reviews. This was my experience.

Telephoned ADAC (you need to push '2' for 'breakdown' once the machine answers) immediately put through to a polite English speaking person.

Five minutes later received text from AA confirming they hope to be there in 35 mins, followed by another text confirming they would be there in 15 mins and arrived within 5 mins! :whatthe:

So from our telephone call to Germany the ADAC / AA was at our house in 20 minutes. He also helped with some advice regarding our van. ::bigsmile:

Had exactly the same positive response from ADAC when on the Mosel.:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
So from our telephone call to Germany the ADAC / AA [HI]was at our house [/HI]in 20 minutes. He also helped with some advice regarding our van. ::bigsmile:
I thought you had to be 50 miles from home before they would call out?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I thought you had to be 50 miles from home before they would call out?

This distance rule only applies to the "PLUS" part if you have ADAC Plus.

This is for the the medical cover/ repatriations etc, not the vehicle breakdown for which you are already covered at home (Homestart) as described in the OP.

From ADAC Brochure...

Section 5 When do you have travel protection?
1. The performance after illness, injury, death and whose emergencies (Sections 12-22) apply if you are on a trip there.
2.A trip is when you have journeyed more than 50 km (distance) away from the residence on hold.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

So which telephone number did you phone? I have heard some people call the 0800 number in the UK & this goes direct to the AA.

OP
OP
MrMotorhome

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
So which telephone number did you phone? I have heard some people call the 0800 number in the UK & this goes direct to the AA.

0800 ?

I used the number on the ADAC card 00 49 89 2222222 - then push 2 for 'breakdown service' and give them your membership number.

When paying for yearly membership by Debit Card I use 00 49 221 472747 - has never been a problem.:thumb:

Last edited:

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Well I think I did not read the small print ( well it was in German ) our MH is 5 tons and so when we had a puncture on the M6 the cost to recover us ( no spare tyre :Doh:) was over 400€ they only will give £200 towards this.
So I crawled off the motorway and got Kwik fit mobile to replace the tyre for £105 the next day(spent overnight in Leyland) great service Kwik fit:thumb:

I have heard that there may be a 'plus' cover from ADAC, but even though I stated my units weight, this was not mentioned to me. What is the plus option?
Martin

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
0800 ?

I used the number on the ADAC card 00 49 89 2222222 - then push 2 for 'breakdown service' and give them your membership number.

When paying for yearly membership by Debit Card I use 00 49 221 472747 - has never been a problem.:thumb:

With your membership pack is a small booklet giving many numbers for use in different countries and the UK has an 0800 number, which I understand is the AA number.
Thought everyone uses it.

I made myself a card with all the countries we pass through on our trip South later this year. Some may find it useful.

Link Removed

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
With your membership pack is a small booklet giving many numbers for use in different countries and the UK has an 0800 number, which I understand is the AA number.

I made myself a card with all the countries we pass through on our trip South later this year. Some may find it useful.

Link Removed

Thanks Keith, but can you list them as i cannot read them or make them bigger. :Eeek::Eeek::thumb:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009

Link Removed

The 0800 number no longer works in the UK, so you have to dial the number on the card to Germany, but works very well as i was also able to use it about 3 months ago here in the UK and i was in BIcester Oxfordshire and partner was in Boston Lincs broken down, but 1 call to Germany and the AA was on its way within 10 mns of my call, and sorted the problem straight away, so ADAC is so far tops for me,
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Well I think I did not read the small print ( well it was in German ) our MH is 5 tons and so when we had a puncture on the M6 the cost to recover us ( no spare tyre :Doh:) was over 400€ they only will give £200 towards this.
So I crawled off the motorway and got Kwik fit mobile to replace the tyre for £105 the next day(spent overnight in Leyland) great service Kwik fit:thumb:

I have heard that there may be a 'plus' cover from ADAC, but even though I stated my units weight, this was not mentioned to me. What is the plus option?
Martin

Hi Martin,
The max ADAC will pay to get a tow to the nearest gge anywhere in the world is £200 no matter what vehicle you have, but unlimited recovery back to home from the gge they got you towed into if unable to get repaired within 3 days.
ADAC Plus i think gives you and your wife/partner the full monty in breakdown ie roadside/recovery/home start/car hire etc, just like the AA or RAC here in the UK but ADAC gives you whole EEC wide for just 97 euros against AA/RAC £250+ for UK only and you have to pay more for euro cover?????.
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Thanks Keith, but can you list them as i cannot read them or make them bigger. :Eeek::Eeek::thumb:

GERMANY: 00 49 89 2222222
FRANCE: 0033 0825 800 822
PORTUGAL: 0034 935 08 82 08
SPAIN : 0034 935 08 28 08

I have changed my card to the above. Just noticed Spain & Portugal have the same number.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back