Travel insurance advice please? (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
My son (25)has just returned from teaching diving in the Cayman Islands after 6 months. He has now going off to work in a bar in Meribel for the ski season. The problem he is having is getting insurance for this period as he has not been resident in the U.K. For the past 6 months.

Can anyone offer any advice please

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Travel Insurance

http://www.travelblog.org/Services/travel-insurance.html

Have you thought about Backpackers insurance ?

Have a look on this site, they seem to have a forum, you may find someone with the answer.
When we go to the alps you can buy insurance by the day in the ski pass office, maybe they could arrange something for him if he is enployed there.

Good luck
Sue

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
check your bank account (or his at it were). Many bank accounts come with travel insurance free - these are usually the 'premium' ones. But some others come with it also.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
check your bank account (or his at it were). Many bank accounts come with travel insurance free - these are usually the 'premium' ones. But some others come with it also.[/QUOTE

I had the same until recently when Axa insurance decided that they would not cover me any more due to a very minor heart scare I had 20 years ago !!. :Angry:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
check your bank account (or his at it were). Many bank accounts come with travel insurance free - these are usually the 'premium' ones. But some others come with it also.[/QUOTE

I had the same until recently when Axa insurance decided that they would not cover me any more due to a very minor heart scare I had 20 years ago !!. :Angry:

I know the feeling! When I went to Austria is was £2.60 until i mentioned having a spinal cord injury a few years back and it left to £48!:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back