2012 meet update, found & 2013 for Jim & funsters (1 Viewer)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Message for Jim/2013 important news

Waldegraves staff complimented Motorhomefun yet again this year on cleanliness of the toilets, showers and sink area and good behaviour.

They were extremely impressed with the turnout and have offered to host meets specifically aimed at Motorhomefun to our needs out of season where we can used the sink area to bbq etc. and where they will provide food similar to the end of season finale for funsters and put on competitions for us.

I think this is a wonderful compliment to every fun member who has attended a Waldegraves meet.

For those that have asked we will try to run two meets next year. They will either be June (dates not yet known) or last weekend in September and we will do the November meet, but this will be a week or two earlier in the hope of slightly kinder weather.

LOST/FOUND

Did you lose something out of your side locker? or leave something behind. Please check. We have two items that a funster may be missing. If you have lost items please send us a PM.

2012 photos

You can post your photos here

and ukbills photos here

For those who couldnt attend heres the 2012 update

Hi everyone we have just arrived home as usual it was quicker getting home than leaving London on a Friday.

Well most funsters had arrived by the time we pitched up so we quickly hooked up and fired up the bbqs. The Friday evening was the mildest we have had so far for the November meet.

As usual we barbequed in the sink area. With Mulled Wine and Beer a plenty.

For most funsters that braved the cold, we spend nearly all evening around the bbqs eating, drinking making merry and getting to know each other and Hymerm60 passed out quiz sheets. It was very pleasant. We also celebrated two funster birthdays and supplied a large cake. For those who ventured into the clubhouse the Karaoke evening was a great success with some excellent singers. When the clubhouse closed some were still partying back at the bbqs and after tidying up we went to bed about 2am.

Saturday was a really miserable day, cold wet and windy and it was really wet rain. Some funsters played bingo, some played pool and others either kept warm or went out and about.

We fired up the mulled wine for everyone to help themselves to at lunchtime and the bbqs were in full flame by 2pm. Food and drink continued to flow and the afternoon went very quickly with a stream of people stopping to chat drink and eat despite the varied weather. The raffle was drawn about 6pm. Thanks to everyone who donated prizes and bought tickets. There was wine, motorhome goodies, cuddly toy, chocolates, watches and and and........

For most it was too cold and miserable to change into fancy dress but a few of us braved it. Rayb182 won the Sexiest Fancy Dress Trophy. The clubhouse was absolutely packed and funsters mainly spent the evening in the restaurant/bar. As usual the food provided was excellent.

The wind saturday night/sunday morning was horrendous and apparently 70-80mph. Many felt they were on board a ship with the motorhomes rocking in the wind but luckily the only fatality was our funster flagpole (flag still intact Jim xxxx)

In the morning funsters came and went from the sink area, albeit sheltered, it was still windy and for those that stayed we had an excellent meal in the restaurant, followed by birthday cake. As usual large portions and good value for money.

Thanks to everyone for pitching in with something, food, drink, helping cook, washing up, clearing up, power leads, raffle prizes, quiz, urn, heater, remember we could not have done this without your help and contributions. Thank you so much.

Hope to see you all next year, Gail Tony Robert neighbour Lorraine and Daisy the dog

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
yes, I lost two gold bars,

They fell out of my locker when I came to look for you.

please send them back to me. :winky:

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
yes, I lost two gold bars,

They fell out of my locker when I came to look for you.

please send them back to me. :winky:

Done....................

Ive just despatched them via the Mets Serious Crime Squad --O--O--

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hope you had a fabulous birthday xxxxxxx We would have bought you birthday cake too you know xxxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i lost me girlfriend i think she felt somewhat deflated :roflmto:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Pictures..

I really do appreciate the [STRIKE]pictures[/STRIKE] mug shots, but would it be possible to label them. I have no idea as to who they are so when we meet up I can [STRIKE]shake them by the hand [/STRIKE] avoid them..

I know it may be asking a lot..

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Pictures..

I really do appreciate the [STRIKE]pictures[/STRIKE] mug shots, but would it be possible to label them. I have no idea as to who they are so when we meet up I can [STRIKE]shake them by the hand [/STRIKE] avoid them..

trying to sort em now but dont blame me if it goes tits up
and sorry to anyone if i can't remember ya names don't forget steve and jane got me rat arsed

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We tried to lose out dog but nobody wanted him........

It was a great weekend and thanks again to Gale (now officially renamed:winky:) and Tony and everyone else.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Pictures..

Worry not
I have been shaken warmly by the throat in the past
look forward to our meeting.
Roger:Smile:::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have not uploaded the pics yet.. came back to chaos and am still playing catch up !
Should get them up within the next couple of days :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back