wifi,mifi,Sfr dongle in France (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
This is just an update on the SFR dongle I purchased recently.....as I use my land line one at home normally .
I had to wait till I was out and about in the M/home to activate the sim.
SFR said it had 3 days unlimited at the start, then you would need to top up ...
Well we have been using it for two & a half days...been great, first class, fast and up till now it has been unlimited...using on skype, I player, mail, and may other uses...

I have put the sim into my unlocked mifi:thumb::thumb: lovely::bigsmile:

Now the orange dongle we also have........ stipulated NO voice or internet phones, No skype, no this and no that...:Doh::Doh::Angry:

The orange monthly and now the dongle is the one we have always had:Doh:...We always had trouble getting a signal and getting on the internet...wasted more mb trying and getting nothing:cry:......I think we will be kicking the orange dongle into touch

The SFR Excellent:thumb::thumb:

Mel...on my SFR sim in my mifi::bigsmile:

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I use out and about ,my Vodafone 3g connection from a hotspot from my phone and it worked all over in France.
It`s useless in the U/K , never get a signal unless i am in a town.
Strange that France is a lot bigger and lots of spawling countryside i could get a signal anywhere.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I use out and about ,my Vodafone 3g connection from a hotspot from my phone and it worked all over in France.
It`s useless in the U/K , never get a signal unless i am in a town.
Strange that France is a lot bigger and lots of spawling countryside i could get a signal anywhere.

Hi Joner, can you be a little more precise....Do you mean EVERYWHERE or just certain places if and when you find a hotspot......at what cost...on your laptop, or are you tethered with your phone to your laptop.....or do you mean just your phone....WHAT, WHERE, WHEN , and at WHAT COST....Can I get one...meaning will they allow me a UK Vodafone 3g connection with me living in France and what is your monthly contract cost plus your out and about, or is it just for those living in the UK:Doh:

The wife has just been speaking to another motorhomer in France... they said you can also get wifi outside Flunch / Auchan supermarket:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Hi Joner, can you be a little more precise....Do you mean EVERYWHERE or just certain places if and when you find a hotspot......at what cost...on your laptop, or are you tethered with your phone to your laptop.....or do you mean just your phone....WHAT, WHERE, WHEN , and at WHAT COST....Can I get one...meaning will they allow me a UK Vodafone 3g connection with me living in France and what is your monthly contract cost plus your out and about, or is it just for those living in the UK:Doh:

The wife has just been speaking to another motorhomer in France... they said you can also get wifi outside Flunch / Auchan supermarket:thumb:
Wow! slow down-- have a little more of that french wine!
Uk based smart phone with a wifi hotspot extention from the phone to run a laptop or any other device.
On uk vodafone conection,used in France and pay £3 per day ,i could surf / call/ text as per u/k rates ,using my U/K based number.
I found with that set up i could find a 3g and data signal everywhere i drove in France, countryside/towns all worked ok.
Evrey campsite i park in the U/K there is never a data signal i can use.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Wow! slow down-- have a little more of that french wine!
Uk based smart phone with a wifi hotspot extention from the phone to run a laptop or any other device.
On uk vodafone conection,used in France and pay £3 per day ,i could surf / call/ text as per u/k rates ,using my U/K based number.
I found with that set up i could find a 3g and data signal everywhere i drove in France, countryside/towns all worked ok.
Evrey campsite i park in the U/K there is never a data signal i can use.

I joner ..I don't drink:Doh:...it was more info I wanted:winky::winky: if it would be cheaper for me to buy a UK set up.... if they we let me :Doh:..is that £3 per day unlimited....because in France is very expensive :Doh:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I joner ..I don't drink:Doh:...it was more info I wanted:winky::winky: if it would be cheaper for me to buy a UK set up.... if they we let me :Doh:..is that £3 per day unlimited....because in France is very expensive :Doh:[/QUOTE
I see, it works very well on that set up i used, but that is with my normal U/K account of £23 per month , but to use overseas a extra £3 per day on a few weeks holiday per year.
This would be expensive for a French based user but worked excellent for me.
The coverage i found there was so much better than what we get here.
I don`t know if it was unlimited ,but we were downloading you tube/G earth/ and all sorts most days with no restictions .
Maybe this will explain a little better!

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back