Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi on my dethleffs motorhome there is a roof rack type bar system which is what looks like an oval bar with a slot in it down each side of the roof then there is 2 bars like an I beam that go from one side to the other these have Hymer stickers on them.

i would like an additional cross bar that would just slot in (in an ideal world) without having to fabricate anything myself as i dont wish to have U bolts visible from the side of the motorhome does anyone know where i may be able to source such a part at reasonable cost?

i dont really want to buy a pair as i only need 1 additional one but i suppose if they only come in pairs then it will have to be 2.

cheers

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
hi on my dethleffs motorhome there is a roof rack type bar system which is what looks like an oval bar with a slot in it down each side of the roof then there is 2 bars like an I beam that go from one side to the other these have Hymer stickers on them.

i would like an additional cross bar that would just slot in (in an ideal world) without having to fabricate anything myself as i dont wish to have U bolts visible from the side of the motorhome does anyone know where i may be able to source such a part at reasonable cost?

i dont really want to buy a pair as i only need 1 additional one but i suppose if they only come in pairs then it will have to be 2.

cheers

Andy any chance of a few pics and sizes? :thumb:

OP
OP
aba

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
will post some pics and sizes when i can get onto the roof (if it ever stops raining) although the fiamma ones look like they may fit but expensive :Eeek::Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
will post some pics and sizes when i can get onto the roof (if it ever stops raining) although[HI] the fiamma ones look like they may fit but expensive[/HI] :Eeek::Eeek:

like i said... rip off

but a man of your abilities should be able to make a crossbar from a piece of round or square extruded aluminum and fit between the rails without using U bolts ..:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Pick up some same size box section, with some extra length.

Cut off two lengths, a little wider that the width of the bar.

Drill one large hole in one side of each piece, and weld a nut to the outside of each. Drill a hole for the correct size bolt to fit the nut

Cut off one wall, so you are left with two u pieces.

Weld these u pieces to the correct length bar, so the nut is on the inside of the bar.

Bars should now drop onto existing bars. Mark and remove, and then run a drill through the roof bar, so that the bolt can go through and access the nut.

Remove, treat and paint. Once dry, drop back on and bolt up.

Cross bars, made to measure - COST? around £10!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back