damp (1 Viewer)

N

Nobody

Deleted User
just had habitation check done on avangarte compass 3years old found bad damp in corners of overhead cab .habitation check done independent and returned to asses at dealers anyone experience this what time span would it be fixed in and any future problems

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Without seeing it, could be just condensation causing it, due to lack of enough insulation.

Maybe a good drying out and increased insulation?

Peter

Upvote 0

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Some people seem to think condensation build up is down to poor insulation however this is not always true.Someone on this forum I can't remember who hit the nail on the the head when I experienced condensation build ups on windows and roof on over cab bed,some mornings wet bedding and droplets on roof.Its caused by warm moist air hitting a colder surface,the solution..............Circulation ..........it wasn't poor insulation as when I had my problems it was summer! 4 bodies and a dog in van.
Anyway the way I solved this was ,to use the fan on the blown air heater (even when no heat required) since then no condensation even recently when cold.
I've recently moved house and it has double thickness insulation in loft,cavity wall insulation and double glazed windows.The previous owner was an elderly lady who obviously didn't like being cold!
However condensation worst than anything I've seen,at this time of year every window in house is covered in it .In her quest to keep warm she filled in every air brick SO NO CIRCULATION! Plenty of insulation but no Circulation.
Air movement is the key!How many cars and busses do you see at this time of year all steamed up, not due to damp but down to poor air circulating round vehicle
Regards Vlad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
Don't panic a good repair (if it is damp) will leave the van looking like new and the seals will probably be better than when the van left the factory.

Upvote 0

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Some people seem to think condensation build up is down to poor insulation however this is not always true.Someone on this forum I can't remember who hit the nail on the the head when I experienced condensation build ups on windows and roof on over cab bed,some mornings wet bedding and droplets on roof.Its caused by warm moist air hitting a colder surface,the solution..............Circulation ..........it wasn't poor insulation as when I had my problems it was summer! 4 bodies and a dog in van.
Anyway the way I solved this was ,to use the fan on the blown air heater (even when no heat required) since then no condensation even recently when cold.
I've recently moved house and it has double thickness insulation in loft,cavity wall insulation and double glazed windows.The previous owner was an elderly lady who obviously didn't like being cold!
However condensation worst than anything I've seen,at this time of year every window in house is covered in it .In her quest to keep warm she filled in every air brick SO NO CIRCULATION! Plenty of insulation but no Circulation.
Air movement is the key!How many cars and busses do you see at this time of year all steamed up, not due to damp but down to poor air circulating round vehicle
Regards Vlad

Correct.....I have said many times on this forum you must have air circulation...:thumb:.................unless you have a leak and you know water is getting in ...that is different

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back