LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
When you get back from time away in the motorhome, do you give it a good clean inside so its ready for the off, or do you leave it until you feel like doing it, just wondering.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
When you get back from time away in the motorhome, do you give it a good clean inside so its ready for the off, or do you leave it until you feel like doing it, just wondering.

Oi young Carol we are well trained and keep it all [STRIKE]presti[/STRIKE] Spotlessly clean as we go along

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Always clean top to toe so to speak! It saves disasters happening when you next go away, and that can be a headache on its' own.

When doing the hire, usually had a 3 hours to clean inside, laundry, polish outside and replenish for next hire. Once it came back spotless! The lady had cleaned it as soon as she came home - nearly gave her a job!

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
mmmm, depends,

If we are away again soon after, we clean it, Nikki does the inside, I do the outside, and then its ready to go again.

When we come back from some time away a week or so, we take out the valubles, cry a little, lock it up, cry some more, get a glass of wine, cry some more, look at it out the window, cry some more. Then next day or the day after, we get up, get out clean it, and then cant wait for the next time we are away :Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Mostly keep spotless as we go along but on return it is all fresh food out and pillow cases/quilt covers/towels etc out for wash and usualy put back in next day or two ready for the off,by this time the floor needs vac/washing ::bigsmile:
Gets loaded with fresh clothes food and water the day before we are off again :thumb:putting in milk etc the morning we go.
I do the lot just get orders off Ann :winky:She gets stuff together in the house to give to me to put into the van :winky:
terry

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Yesterday I went and took a few food items out as I know we wont be using it now till January... generally we just leave everything in ready to go next time and remove any food stuff that may go off. I clean it when I think about it..

FOUND 2 CANS OF STELLA CIDER :thumb::thumb:
Though they had all gone a long time ago.... :Doh:

:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Have to admit that we usually leave ours for a couple of weeks, then suddenly go mad and clean the inside vac polish change sheets, but the outside gets done a day before we are off on the road again. Always leave everything in except perishables, the wardrobe usually has clothes in one trip to the next.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
After each weekend away i do the bathroom , shower , sink , floor. Kitchen ,cooker, fridge , surfaces .
Then wipe down the floors and hoover the slot in carpets. Pledge all the wooden bits.
So its ready to load up and drive off the next weekend.

If we are away longer than a weekend this is done a couple of times a week. Sinks and loos are done daily , we also give it a hoover daily . Just like our house , after all it is our little house on wheels .
Ralph does the outside , as and when it needs it. Often when it doesn't.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I must be the only lazy one on here then.

I do take all towels, tea towels, sheets, duvet covers, clothing in for washing, but we seldom worry about the exterior. The last time Alan tried getting some marks off the outside was in Benidorm a month ago. When using the big brush he knocked the exhaust pipe at the side of the van and it snapped off, causing a great deal of stress and money.
I don't worry too much about the floor as I would spend all my holiday getting the muck out that comes in with us and the dogs.
Muck is holding it all together:winky:::bigsmile:

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Depending on what time we get back, we empty it of clothes, food and bedding. Merilyn then cleans the inside while I wash the outside and then it's off to storage. If it's got dirty on the outside whilst in storage, it will get another wash before we go off again.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
This time of year as i know it wont be used most things come out of it, are taken home, washed or whatever needed and put in storage bags ready for next year, and the floor washed/mopped with zoflora.
When in use it gets a clean inside most days as we have dogs and i use those wetcloths to wipe the floor as they dont leave it unduly wet so dries in a few mins. Cookers and things are cleaned after they are used, and when away i have a small vac for the carpeted area which is a 12v one and quite good surprisingly (looks like a mini one of those wet and dry ones)

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
We keep ours clean inside and out as we go along, prior to going away we do a full clean inside and out. No dogs , cats or smokers, no outdoor shoes. We treat our motorhome as our home from home.
regards
Steve:thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Well .... I'm not allowed anything at all in the Hymer except a bit of sewing under certain conditions ... It's got to be hot and done in full light.. allowing pics :Eeek::RollEyes:

((No need to tell you that the Wagon for me is just a NO NO NO !!:RollEyes: )

I take the Hymer as it is , and leave it just the same. I guess it's much better as I seem to be far too fussy and having too hight standarts..(not JJ's words BTW) presumably because of my work with babies:Blush: But JJ is doing quite well ... at least before I arrive ... the "afterwards" is another story:roflmto::roflmto:
I guess that if I had one of my own, I would have changing moods , just like at home. I can keep the place spotless, until I get fed up and when the babies are not here I just go messing about to feel relaxed... then I have to do it all over again before the babies come back:RollEyes:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

magsinfrance

Free Member
Jul 16, 2010
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Hobby
Exp
Since 1981
With a husband who doesn't know what a doormat is and GSD Maya who goes out of her way to walk through every muddy patch or puddle our van never gets dirty. :cry:
Maggie

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Always leave everything in except perishables, the wardrobe usually has clothes in one trip to the next.

I wish you'd tell 'er indoors. She insists on emptying it, "well it might be out of date" so next time out we play the "where is.......?" game.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
After a long one woman always says the same.. Empty t out ( as in grub and washing ) and I will come and clean it during the week

About a week later I normally end up getting in and doing it ( but then, I am a bloke so it is never up to her standard and she normally redoes it all when next we leave !! )

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Motorhome turnaround

:Angry:

Christine cleans the van inside, and i'll clean the outside the day before we leave again.
If it's not pristine, the wife says (with menace): "I'm not getting into THAAAAAT !!! :Angry::Angry::swear::swear:

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Seems to be a bit of a gender split emerging here with the big tough man tackiling the big tough exterior and the women cleaning all the insides.Us too!:thumb:
We normally empty fridge and soft stuff pretty soon after arriving home and then clean the next day.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We remove perishables and cloths the day we arrive back. I clean the Fridge Hob Loo etc the next day, and tear out the Laundry. Generally do the outside just before we go for a trip, unless it is standing for a while, then it's "looks Scruffy, do it!"

We turn the fridge on 3 days before the off (and pack the grog in it) and load the afternoon before.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back