Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I downloaded some APPS (cant remember which one) :Blush:

Anyhow, I keep getting message's like there;s single women looking out for me/ I can win a samsung lottery prize- and various other things. It comes with a red star on the top tool bar.
Is there anything I can do to stop these?
At 43 one women is quite enough, and being super rich I don't need to win the lottery. :RollEyes:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
I downloaded some APPS (cant remember which one) :Blush:

Anyhow, I keep getting message's like there;s single women looking out for me/ I can win a samsung lottery prize- and various other things. It comes with a red star on the top tool bar.
Is there anything I can do to stop these?
At 43 one women is quite enough, and being super rich I don't need to win the lottery. :RollEyes:

if you click on the ad it tells you what app it is from in one of the corners before taking you to the android market or something similar - just delete the one it says

if it doenst tell you- there isnt much you can do apart from delete the apps on a trial and error - rule of thumb, it takes about 24hrs for a dodgy app to link you in with ad-servers, so if you know when it started delete anything you've downloaded in the previous 48hrs and it should be OK. Unless it is a free app that openly states it has ads to support its development - it would also be well worth checking what permissions the app has...some can have way more than they need

If you have rooted the phone - then try Link Removed opr if you want to get clever go with something like avast! and configure blocks in the firewall..

Either way - id get rid of the app myself...rather than just blocking the adds

anyhar - must dash, need to finsih loading the van - off to shrewsbury with the edges:Eeek:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I had the same on my S2 last week. I googled the problem and got a fix, not had it since. Only problem is I cant remember what the fix was apart from finding and un-ticking a couple of options. Sorry...:Blush:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
You should also open up the Play store, go into settings, and make sure to uncheck the box that says "Google AdMob Ads". That will stop ads from popping up in your notification bar, without downloading any third party apps.

tap'n

I AM NOT TALKING TO MYSELF, I AM AT WORK AND MERELY COPYING THE INFORMATION FOR WHEN I GET HOME.

ALSO LOAD AIRPUSHER

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
You should also open up the Play store, go into settings, and make sure to uncheck the box that says "Google AdMob Ads". That will stop ads from popping up in your notification bar, without downloading any third party apps.

tap'n

I AM NOT TALKING TO MYSELF, I AM AT WORK AND MERELY COPYING THE INFORMATION FOR WHEN I GET HOME.

ALSO LOAD AIRPUSHER
So what do you think of the S3 my son loves his and I am up for an upgrade soon so might go for the S3:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
So what do you think of the S3 my son loves his and I am up for an upgrade soon so might go for the S3:thumb:

I love it, In fact I have managed to change all our office opinions, there are 7 in our team, 1 by 1 we now all have Galaxy s3's or s2's and are constantly playing with them.

I personally would of liked a Note, but the S3 is great. :Smile:

Apple's are for eating :moon:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I love it, In fact I have managed to change all our office opinions, there are 7 in our team, 1 by 1 we now all have Galaxy s3's or s2's and are constantly playing with them.

I personally would of liked a Note, but the S3 is great. :Smile:

Apple's are for eating :moon:
Thank you Haganap, I knew that really but I just wanted to hear lt again for the benefit of all those misled Iphone 5 users. :winky:

Last edited:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98

tap'n

ALSO LOAD AIRPUSHER

Thanks for this Paul - just done this to my S2..............:thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Been looking at them lately, quite like the google star map, but us pensioners can't afford £36 a month or so for these new toys! Cue suggestions. :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back