Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Well Not really.

Bright sun here at the moment so looking good for Newark IF I can get this B......y Tank Fixed in time.
Oh to have some time off to sort it.:Doh:

Seems a few of you are in agreement to fibreglass it so look forward to seeing you real soon (you know who you are) :winky:

Luckily it was fully flushed and drained for the winter :RollEyes:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
I would really love to be going to Newark Steve but just can't do it got a lad of 14 at school so can't leave till Friday about 4pm so it's just not worth it won't be at Peterborough either for same reason.

I'm sure we will meet up one day Newbury will be ok for us, and you know you would be more than welcome to the flojet!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Regards and best of luck Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
Just a quick note on your black tank problem, the damaged area MUST be totally clean AND DRY if you use fibreglass, we used to use acetone to clean as it leaves no residue. I dont know where to get it from now, but it must still be available(or an alternative)
Good luck Nigel

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi
Just a quick note on your black tank problem, the damaged area MUST be totally clean AND DRY if you use fibreglass, we used to use acetone to clean as it leaves no residue. I dont know where to get it from now, but it must still be available(or an alternative)
Good luck Nigel

Thanks Nigel,

Yep I've got acetone.Did a course instructed by a Lotus Engineer some years ago.Totally invaluable.

The moisture thing will be more of a problem.I really do not want to take the tank off.

Finding the time is the main problem as well as the right curing temperature this time of year.:Doh:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Thanks Nigel,

Yep I've got acetone.Did a course instructed by a Lotus Engineer some years ago.Totally invaluable.

The moisture thing will be more of a problem.I really do not want to take the tank off.

Finding the time is the main problem as well as the right curing temperature this time of year.:Doh:

Fan heater underneath? or would that be too hot. I don't know much about it so I'll just shut up.:Blush:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back