time to take the jump in to full time (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well it is time to go full time myshelf and lynn have taken the desision to go full time ower beloved grand son jay was taken frome us last week by his father after a very long fight to keep him.
i will continue to work but a lot less we will make the jump after christmass new year just got sum things to sort out.
we are gowing to spane with the motorhom at christmass whare should we go just to rest and get over wat we have been thrugh ower life has been turnd upside down.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Custody fights are awful.

Sounds like you tried to do the right thing and that is all you can do.

You will reap what you have sown when Jay is older I bet.

Good luck and look out just for yourselves for a while:thumb:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Good luck on your new adventure, and may your worry's be small:thumb:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Bill
Sorry to hear you news, Lets hope he is ok in the future and you can get to see him on a regular basis, I remember him from Wembury in the pub. Pete

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We are also so sorry to hear of the lost battle to keep your grandson Jay , but as the previous poster mentioned he wont forget you and knows what you tried to do for him..

Time to think of yourselves now and to have a breather from all the upset

Not knowing you Bill it is hard to suggest somewhere you would like but just head out and take in the wonderful scenery and meet new folk along the way, stop when you want and enjoy !

Wishing you both a good and happy journey

John n Kath xx

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
So sorry Bill. Nothing will help, but you can only move on and live the best you can. I know I'd be heartbroken in your position. Just keep moving and live your life. He will come to you one day. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Bill

We are so sorry to hear things have been rough mate.:Sad:

What is right and wrong can be a very grey area. This in turn can be interpreted in different ways by different people. It's just a shame family courts can be very different to the vast majority of us. I say that from experience!

We wish you the very best of luck in your plans, just don't over do it at your bash in December, you might steal the 'MHF Top Alchy Award' from Champers!:roflmto:

All the best, and good luck. Make sure you sort out some mobile internet! We don't want to see the back of you yet mate!:thumb:

joshua

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
midlands
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
im a newbie
really sorry to hear about upset with grandson we have never met but i have grandsons and love em to bits and you never know what the future will bring

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
So sorry to read this, it must be so difficult at the moment, I wish you well with the fulltimeing, the one thing no one can take away you are and will always be his grandparents and know you have done and will do the best you can for him when you can.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Sorry to hear your troubles - my ex wife ran off with my son with the salvation army...never seen hide nor hair since. It wasn't her fault, she had post natal, and her mother scared her into thinking he would be taken into care if she sought help, which I was trying to get her to do. Terrible thing. Nevertheless, she found solice there with an officer. Cannot explain the pain, but I know how you feel - many years from now, if will become bearable - at least you will see him again!

My honest, hand on heart opinion????

Just go! Pack up, get on the road and follow your nose. Don't have a set destination, just go and find yourself!

Best thing I ever did years back. Go and see ever part of europe you have heard of. You will find war graves that you never contemplated the number, feel the desolation of prison camps, you will dioscover wonderful people and discover how happy poverty can make people if they want for nothing else. You can see huge cathederals, Wonderful buildings, fantastic views - the wonders of alpine villages, the hustle bustle of big cities - the list is endless.

Just go and find yourselves.....everything else will fall into place!

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Sorry too here of your plight, my family too are in a similar situation with my son so maybe I can see it from a different perspective. In my opinion children, unless there is good reasons for it are better with both or one of their parents. As you say the process takes forever and the outcome will leave distress no matter who has control of the children.
Even with the decision made in favour of the father you will still be given some form of care or visiting rights to your grandchild, so there is no reason why you should lose all contact with your grandson. If you have a good relationship with him now then why should that not continue. Grandparents do have rights in law as do parents. Good luck....

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry to hear of your problems. Getting away for a bit sounds exactly what you need.

But I would not commit to fulltiming for a while. many people think they can leave problems behind them when they hit the road, but that is rarely the case and some problems can actually be exacerbated by being away. See how you feel after you've been away a while. A bit of time and distance from recent events will help you come to the right decision.

Enjoy the winter away, and I hope things work out. :thumb:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Sorry to hear of your troubles Bill

We wish you the very best for the future

Chrisboyo N Liz

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I wondered why you had been missing from chat for a while Bill, sorry to hear your news. Get away by all means have a break and see if the life suits you. Keep the way open to return should you decide to at a later date. Just because Jay is with his father does not means HE no longer wants to see you so don't put too much permenant distance between you both.
Enjoy the winter away use it to recuperate and build your strength.
As to where to go get off the ferry turn right and follow your nose.
good luck mate.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Go for it !!

Might I suggest joining the inmates at Zahora !!!:thumb:
Apart from Rex's drumming:cry: you could have a restful time !:thumb:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I wondered why you had been missing from chat for a while Bill, sorry to hear your news. Get away by all means have a break and see if the life suits you. Keep the way open to return should you decide to at a later date. Just because Jay is with his father does not means HE no longer wants to see you so don't put too much permenant distance between you both.
Enjoy the winter away use it to recuperate and build your strength.
As to where to go get off the ferry turn right and follow your nose.
good luck mate.
thanks roger weare so tuche by the kind support that has been given to us from the motorhome fun family

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
thank you to all for ther kind words and support during this hard time god bless and thanks agane to the motorhome fun family :Blush:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Bill me old Mucker,

Sound's like a good plan to me mate.

Get out, there relax, recuperate and then see which direction you wanna go.
Still got half a bottle of unfinished business in my wagon :winky:

Ill hold it for next time we meet:thumb:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Bill me old Mucker,

Sound's like a good plan to me mate.

Get out, there relax, recuperate and then see which direction you wanna go.
Still got half a bottle of unfinished business in my wagon :winky:

Ill hold it for next time we meet:thumb:
yip still got hangover from last time to cheers mate got a new van now big enugh for a party:thumb::drink::beer::wine:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back