Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
I'm hoping to acquire a powerlift access platform to assist my disabled wife into and out of our MH. The price new is somewhat off putting, so if anyone sees one advertised anywhere (local paper etc) I would be grateful for the info. Also if any funsters have experience of these powerlifts I would be interested in their comments.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi and welcome, there's a few of us on here who are ex fire service, i would think that someone will be along soon to answer you soon on your question ,so again welcome from an ex college.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I did see one on ebay, trouble is its attached to a motorhome thats for sale, its an autotrail arapaho, why not contact the dealer the might just sell it on its own

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I'm hoping to acquire a powerlift access platform to assist my disabled wife into and out of our MH. The price new is somewhat off putting, so if anyone sees one advertised anywhere (local paper etc) I would be grateful for the info. Also if any funsters have experience of these powerlifts I would be interested in their comments.

Hi
I have a pal who's wife is in a wheelchair, They dont have a platform lift, but a system on the front passenger seat that swings the seat down and lifts her in through the cab door has appossed to the hab door , if that gives you an other idea to look for. Pete

OP
OP
Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Thanks folks. I'll look on eBay.

Re the alternative door-and-front-seat hoist, I have seen these, but never seriously considered one. Perhaps I need to re think.

jennyp19

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Sunny Scunny
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
about 10 yrs
Have a word with these people to see if they can help Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Thanks Jennyp19,

I'll give them a call. However I suspect that they specialize in wheelchair access, whereas what we need is a platform that would lift a standing person. Our MH has a standard door, so wheelchair access is out of the question. Fortunately my wife is fairly mobile with a stick, but steps are a big problem.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and provide the link.

Mike (AKA FiremanSam)

Dudereno

Free Member
Jan 1, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'll look on eBay too.

——————————————————
"If God wanted us to be naked, why did he invent sexy stockings and hosiery?"~ Shannen Doherty

Y

Yvonne

Deleted User
My son uses manual hoist that allows him to be lifted from his chair to car & he is a big lad 17 stone.
He actually saved on the vat on his new cars simply by having this fitted though not sure if that would apply on a MH.
They take a bit of getting used to but get the job done.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Will your lady wife enter via the front door, or a habitation door. If it would be the hab door and she can stand then we use a Burr lift. It goes up about 4ft from ground level. Picture, taken at Parc Verger, with the bin on it. :whistle:

image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
I did actually acquire a Powerstep lift some time ago, thanks to a Lady who responded to my FHF request. I am convinced that I posted about this acquisition at the time, to thank everyone who had posted so helpfully, but I can’t see that post anymore. So here’s a belated thank you all.

Mke.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back