Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
OY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT FIRST ONE IS MY VAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S IRENE (wife) IN THE BACK LOOKING FOR HER FAGS !!!!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Watch out for the low bridge ,just pinched this off FBBroken Link Removed

Pulled up her pants just in time:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

On a serious note - it was pretty damn clear what the height is!:Doh:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
FBBroken Link Removed
opp5
Is she looking for the passports in the secret compartment ?
Or just looking for the secret compartment :whatthe:

I feel for them really. I know how I would feel if it was me :cry:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I guess this is another job for......................................

2008_0628TCut0012.jpg

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
On a serious note, would the insurance pay out for this as it was driver error as the height was clearly shown that they were to tall to get under this bridge.
I would be really gutted if that was me.
What ever goes on in these drivers minds to make an error like that and they are not the onlyones to do it, I have seen pictures of buses and Lorries do the same?

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
When we first went to France in our camper van it was the Bastille celebrations and a lot of roads/routes were closed, whilst driving along this traffic cop started to usher us a diff direction around a bend which led to yep a low bridge like the one pictured , with traffic so busy it was not possible to stop as you were on it before blinking so to speak... Scariest moments ever, think John can still hear me screaming .. And yes it was one of Rouens low bridges
Really feel sorry for these folk, I wondered if the insurance too would cover them x

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Watch out for the low bridge ,just pinched this off FBBroken Link Removed
Where did you put ADACs recovery number darling.:Sad:

Put yourself in there unfortunate situation what would be your actions.
Do any of you have a continuance plan for such a disaster or would you just sit and cry. It would appear that full recovery help is not always to be relied on so what is your plan B. :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ok.. sit and cry like a baby for ages... then..........................

I think I would simply get it out from under and drive it as best as possible to somewhere off the main drag

remove all personal items and anything that could be used in a replacement van, then have a wee accident involving a match !!

And remember, this really could happen to any of us..
Its all well and good saying it was clearly marked etc but you all know as well as me how you drive along, chatting away and going under loads of bridges on main roads..

It is VERY easy to become complacent...

I shall be extra diligent in the coming months ( at least for a while .. until I forget and once again become complacent ! )

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
On a serious note, would the insurance pay out for this as it was driver error as the height was clearly shown that they were to tall to get under this bridge.
I would be really gutted if that was me.
What ever goes on in these drivers minds to make an error like that and they are not the onlyones to do it, I have seen pictures of buses and Lorries do the same?

surely all accident are caused by a moments lack of concertration otherwise it would be deliberate ,still looks like agood cure for damp problems

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
[HI]
I think I would simply get it out from under and drive it as best as possible to somewhere off the main drag
[/HI]
remove all personal items and anything that could be used in a replacement van, then have a wee accident involving a match !!

And remember, this really could happen to any of us..
Its all well and good saying it was clearly marked etc but you all know as well as me how you drive along, chatting away and going under loads of bridges on main roads..

It is VERY easy to become complacent...

I shall be extra diligent in the coming months ( at least for a while .. until I forget and once again become complacent ! )
It is good to have a plan, I was driving my sons van last week which had a duff battery. He had a new battery but was unable to get the securing bracket off so the new battery was in the back along with some jump leads that I put in before leaving home. Myself and my lovely lady were in traffic on a three lane carriageway and of course I stalled it. My lovely lady jumped straight out and had a few words with some impatient drivers then said what do you want me to do. I said get back in the van. I used the jump leads from the new battery and we were on our way, she was amazed the whole episode only took two mins from start to finish. That was my plan B. Sitting waiting two hours for the RAC was not going to be an option.:thumb:

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
In this particular case I do not think you can really have a back up plan.. and jump leads simply will not crack the above problem !!!! :winky:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
When we first went to France in our camper van it was the Bastille celebrations and a lot of roads/routes were closed, whilst driving along this traffic cop started to usher us a diff direction around a bend which led to yep a low bridge like the one pictured , with traffic so busy it was not possible to stop as you were on it before blinking so to speak... Scariest moments ever, think John can still hear me screaming .. And yes it was one of Rouens low bridges

We had the same in rouen ,caused by me missing a turn on instructions from satnav and ending up driving alongside the river and satnav then telling me to go down one of the tunnels 2mtr high , almost panic mode
:Eeek:, but wifey noticed it same time as me and I did an emergency stop ( annoyed several french drivers :Blush:couldn't understand what they said but got the gist!!!! of what they meant.) You've got to be on your toes all the time.
Terry:sin:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

remove all personal items and anything that could be used in a replacement van, then have [HI]a wee accident involving a match [/HI]!! (snipped)

What would this be called... [STRIKE]fraw.[/STRIKE]... [STRIKE]fror[/STRIKE]... oh yes... I remember... fraud... . :whistle:

JJ :Cool:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Nooooo.. A fraud would be claiming something had not happened.. It would DEF have been on fire !!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps the word you are looking for is arson ?? :roflmto:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
To all the smug people who say it's stupidity and you just need to concentrate etc. it is easy enough to take that attitude as long as it happened to someone else. You may feel differently if it actually happens to you. And just because it hasn't yet don't think that it can't, no matter how smart you might think you are.

Wyn

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
To all the smug people who say it's stupidity and you just need to concentrate etc. it is easy enough to take that attitude as long as it happened to someone else. You may feel differently if it actually happens to you. And just because it hasn't yet don't think that it can't, no matter how smart you might think you are.

Wyn

:hardhat:

jazz

Free Member
May 19, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16yrs previously 25years caravaning
OMG I could cry for the poor buggers....................

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Yes I'd cry I expect, except mostly in an accident you are so stunned you don't behave as you always thought you would.

I'd like to think I would make sure I had the important things - passports, money, tickets, medication and then find an hotel. Or alternatively sit in th wreckage and say to Pete - I know we've always wanted aircon darling but this seems just a tad extreme to me ....

We very nearly Went and Did It following diversion signs in Marseilles 2 years ago and this year in Rouen, yes we would have been well on the way to a 2m tunnel if fortunately! there had not been another diversion, so we physically couldn't. What really got up our noses in Marseilles was that nobody would actually let us out of the 'wrong' lane, which involved quite a 'violent' swing to the right from a standstill as a kerb (which then turned into a wall) started on our right just after the front of the van, so Pete only just had time to slam the anchors on before we were past the point of no return.

Can't remember exactly what Pete said at the time, but I'm fairly sure it was something about none of the other motorists' parents being married ....

Thank you so much, yes of course we did it deliberately just to wind you up - so that worked well ...... must try it again sometime !

Not.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
cruiser

been cheaper to fit proper air con. saw the same thing at riverside,in northampton,took the back completely of. felt really sorry for them to.:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back