mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Ok I was in the process of purchasing above until I read a negative:Sad: review where by the reviewer said that his Avtex displayed one serious flaw that is as a 'Freeview' enabled TV there is no facility to view a day's programme guide..... ie; BBC1 all programmes that day.. the reviewer claims that there is only the facility to show 'next programme'.....he claims it the same for the satellite enabled tv as well, if this is so how do you record a future programme on a USB stick (radio times):roflmto:

PS. surely under the Freeview licence requirement 7 day EPG is statutory?

anyone??

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Can't comment on the Avtex, but on our cello traveller you can only record on a USB stick whilst the programme is playing that is you can't forward programme it. Having said that ,must read the instructions one of these days:Eeek:

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
I have a 16" Avtes.
the EPG is in two halves.

you can look at one channels programme list by hour/half hour, but then if you want to look at all channels then it only shows the current hour.

The list is changed by using the the left right buttons when the very top line is highlights to show channel/list..

A bit fiddly but you do get used to it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
The manual for the television is on the Avtex site here. Might be worth a quick read of the relevant section.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mentaliss

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
The manual for the television is on the Avtex site here. Might be worth a quick read of the relevant section.

Thanks for that , I did ring Avtex Sales/ technical and they sort of said it will display the next programme.....but they skipped around my question and criticised the negative review I referred to:whatthe: and in doing so confirmed to me that the TV didn't in fact produce a EPG
Perhaps I'm an alien:roflmto: ! but if I'm watching the TV I do like to be able to view what else the other channels are offering Its quite simple, does it or does it not produce a 7 day on screen EPG and the answer is no, under the 'Freeview' charter it states quite clearly that there should be a provision for a 7 day EPG. I wanted to purchase the 'best' but it looks like I will have to look elsewhere:Sad:

mdixon

Free Member
Nov 7, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner T660
Exp
I have one of these - As stated you can get guide on one channel as long ass you pick it in the top bar.

The problem for me is that it only has one freeview reciever and yet it advertises itself as pvr compatible. You really need two recievers. Yes you can record to a USB BUT
1. You have to leave on standby
2. When the time comes it TURNS the telly on and the sound aswell

Not good if its 2.00am
::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread