A NEW Aires Site (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Just come across this one on another site...Seems like work in progress but it has the desired effect..what do you think...At the moment it looks like it's mainly Northern France but it will no doubt get better..

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Having set up my own modest aire guide with panoramic pics taken using a normal camera from my MH roof I have to admit to a certain amount of admiration for this guy's efforts (and equipment).

My only quibbles are:

Why show a 360 view of a service point rather than the pitches (eg La Rochelle)?
Why show the sky and the road surface at all?
The information accompanying the pictures is no different to what you find in a guide book and a fair bit less informative than you can find on CCI with all its user comments.
There's no hints, tips, observations, comments by the site's author - he's just whizzed around taking pics.

It's an interesting angle on the subject in every sense of the word and it brings something new to the party, but for practical reasons I'll probably keep using CCI to plan my trips.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
My only quibbles are:

Why show a 360 view of a service point rather than the pitches (eg La Rochelle)?
Why show the sky and the road surface at all?

I could be wrong, but the panorama views look just like Google Street View .. so relatively easy to put on each location..

I can't imagine anyone going to every aire and taking a serious of wide angle shots then stitching together ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Excellent effort :thumb:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Thanks Mondo:thumb:, We are planning to go to brittany via normandie ,this will be a great help to give me an idea of what to expect at each aire, as already said the site does'nt give much extra info but for me all we need is map ref's and to see what a place looks like ( nice to have personal recommendations but you can't have it all) When we've been I will put any good ones on this sites aires info. Terry:sin:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back