Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Just recieved an email purporting to be from Amazon.co.uk

It says they are awarding me a gift card...

My Norton thingy (like the technical terms) is screaming things about Trojans.

Also the wording of the email is to put it mildly eccentric.
Eg

Greetings, hope you have a great day !
Amazon is rewarding you with a gift card,
We are currently giving away Amazon Shopping Gift [HI]Card[/HI] !
You could be one of the winners ! We are giving away[HI] cards in value of £500 ![/HI]All you have to do is to < Click disabled this bit Here > and apply for our Gift Card !

Please note : to apply for your gift card you will have to answer one [HI]questionnaire[/HI] about yourself, to tell us do you have[HI] kids, are you mariage, do you own a house or rent it and some other questions. [/HI]Also we will ask you if you want to sign up with [HI]a rewarding programs[/HI] from our business partners such is Vodafone, Samsung etc., you may signup with them or simply click NO.Your answers will help us in our research program, [HI]NOBODY[/HI] expect us will ever see your answers, we will only use your answers to make a statistics about average person life in UK.
If you win a gift card we will mail it to your home address or call you by phone to arrange presenting the award in one of our offices.

Highlighted the iffy bits.

Peter

PS I thought of correcting it and sending it back and charging them a fee for the service.

Revk

Free Member
Jul 19, 2012
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
swift Royale 630
Exp
Grasp of English

You can tell by their grasp of English that the email must be a genuine fake

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
I got this one off Apple about my i-tunes account yesterday which is strange because I closed the account down due to purchases which I did not make and Apple more or less accusing family members of knowing my password and making the purchases without my knowing , after lots of hassle I eventually was reimbursed , needless to say I am not an Apple customer anymore .

Although I must say they were very thorough in checking this e-mail out .

[FONT=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Order Number: M1V5349011
Receipt Date: 2012-11-07
[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Order Total: $699.99
Billed To: Credit card
[/FONT]

spacer_999999.gif
[FONT=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Item Number[/FONT] [FONT=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Description[/FONT] [FONT=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Unit Price[/FONT]
spacer_999999.gif

[FONT=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]1[/FONT] [FONT=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Postcard
[/FONT] [FONT=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]$699.99[/FONT]
spacer_999999.gif

[FONT=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Subtotal:[/FONT] [FONT=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]$699.99[/FONT] [FONT=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Tax:[/FONT] [FONT=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]$0.00[/FONT]
spacer_999999.gif

[FONT=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Order Total:[/FONT] [FONT=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]$699.99[/FONT]
spacer_999999.gif

[FONT=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Please retain for your records.
Please See Below For Terms And Conditions Pertaining To This Order.

Apple Inc.
You can find the iTunes Store Terms of Sale and Sales Policies by launching your iTunes application and clicking on...deleted link.

FBI ANTI-PIRACY WARNING
UNAUTHORIZED COPYING IS PUNISHABLE UNDER FEDERAL LAW.

Answers to frequently asked questions regarding the iTunes Store can be found at .... deleted link
[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Apple i.d summary ??????????¬?‚??

[/FONT] [FONT=Geneva,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Apple respects your privacy.[/FONT]

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Just recieved an email purporting to be from Amazon.co.uk

It says they are awarding me a gift card...

My Norton thingy (like the technical terms) is screaming things about Trojans.

Also the wording of the email is to put it mildly eccentric.
Eg

Greetings, hope you have a great day !
Amazon is rewarding you with a gift card,
We are currently giving away Amazon Shopping Gift [HI]Card[/HI] !
You could be one of the winners ! We are giving away[HI] cards in value of £500 ![/HI]All you have to do is to < Click disabled this bit Here > and apply for our Gift Card !

Please note : to apply for your gift card you will have to answer one [HI]questionnaire[/HI] about yourself, to tell us do you have[HI] kids, are you mariage, do you own a house or rent it and some other questions. [/HI]Also we will ask you if you want to sign up with [HI]a rewarding programs[/HI] from our business partners such is Vodafone, Samsung etc., you may signup with them or simply click NO.Your answers will help us in our research program, [HI]NOBODY[/HI] expect us will ever see your answers, we will only use your answers to make a statistics about average person life in UK.
If you win a gift card we will mail it to your home address or call you by phone to arrange presenting the award in one of our offices.

Highlighted the iffy bits.

Peter

PS I thought of correcting it and sending it back and charging them a fee for the service.

From the English it must be from compare the meerkat:roflmto:

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
A little while ago I had GENUINE amazon voucher through e-mail for £25, which I later spent. So whilst this one is clearly a fake, sometimes they are genuine.

Its a great shame these people keep sending these scams - usually its not too hard to spot them but they make you suspicious of everything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back