scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Might be interesting>>>>>>>>>

Motorhome cover manufacturer Pro-Tec Covers, is to appear on Dragons’ Den this Sunday on BBC2 at 9pm.

The husband and wife directors of Bradford-based Pro-Tec, Anne and Keith Proctor, will be grilled by the Dragons as they seek investment in the company.

but then again.. I might just watch Homeland :Cool:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I bet they don't get the funding.
I predict they ask for £250,000 for 10%.

They make some mistakes regarding turnover/profit.

They decide the market isn't big enough and say I'm out...

Shan't be watching. Got bored of it a while ago...

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
A few of those Dragons are right tossers as well.

I bet they don't actually part with the cash in many cases either. When they do invest its in low risk certs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The clever ones ask a fortune for a low percentage, refuse offers and leave with all that priceless TV exposure.:thumb:

I'm not a fan of the dragons, that Meadon woman, could she be any more horrible,:roflmto: but I detest Duncan Bannatyne, anyone who is rude to people for the sake of being rude shows a very poor character. IMO, He's a prat, successful prat, rich prat but a prat nonetheless:Smile:

Over the years I have worked closely with some of the most successful business people in the world, it's rare to find obnoxious ones, on the contrary, the very best are ultra polite to everyone and show a genuine interest in people even those in positions such as house staff, gardeners, chauffeurs and security etc. If Bannatyne is anything like the persona he displays on TV I would have lasted about ten minutes in his employ.:roflmto:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
The only two I would even consider becoming business partners with are Peter Jones and Theo Paphitis. The only one I would share a beer with would be Theo. I love the way he breaks stuff :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
The only two I would even consider becoming business partners with are Peter Jones and Theo Paphitis. The only one I would share a beer with would be Theo. I love the way he breaks stuff :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Same here:thumb:
Not sure what that dark haired old bag has done in business, but whatever it is I couldn't look at that all day or even part of a day every 6 months.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
The dark haired old hag as you call her was a single penniless mother and fought her way up in logistics - and actually seemed quite an interesting lady when I saw an interview with her once on summat, which I watched cos I'd never heard of her either - if you are prepared to just see past the late 1980's Die Nasty shoulderpads look she's decided on LOL

A lot of us in business used to dress like that then Karl ! Absolutely de rigueur darling ! Except - layered long hair and a curly perm to produce the big hair to balance it, is also compulsory LOL

Google Dysentery - Blake Carrington .......

:ROFLMAO:

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Same here:thumb:
Not sure what that dark haired old bag has done in business, but whatever it is I couldn't look at that all day or even part of a day every 6 months.

I know what you mean Treacle, but when you dig down, she's a sharp lady. I bet she's a scary boss, but maybe good to work for.

She spotted the potential of Pallet redistribution in the UK, she now runs a huge re-distribution operation. Very hands on. I watched her in a TV series about the lack of women in high positions in companies. She talked sense and was even able to see where new ideas could help improve her business. I also like the fact that she doesn't go with the flow. The Duvalay product as an example. From memory the owners gave an horrendous pitch, lacked detail in the figures etc, but she saw past that and took it on. I think it was dismissed by all the other dragons. I was sat at home, already aware of the product and how good previous reviews had been on here.

The only one i don't like is Duncan. If he was an average bloke in the pub, he would be short of mates.

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am sure she is very clever and very wealthy.

But I won't be pitching to her::bigsmile:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
The clever ones ask a fortune for a low percentage, refuse offers and leave with all that priceless TV exposure.:thumb:

I'm not a fan of the dragons, that Meadon woman, could she be any more horrible,:roflmto: but I detest Duncan Bannatyne, anyone who is rude to people for the sake of being rude shows a very poor character. IMO, He's a prat, successful prat, rich prat but a prat nonetheless:Smile:

Over the years I have worked closely with some of the most successful business people in the world, it's rare to find obnoxious ones, on the contrary, the very best are ultra polite to everyone and show a genuine interest in people even those in positions such as house staff, gardeners, chauffeurs and security etc. If Bannatyne is anything like the persona he displays on TV I would have lasted about ten minutes in his employ.:roflmto:

apparantly shes some sort of very very distant relitive of mine (something to do with her Billy Butlin side of the family), but going back to o/p she has a grounding in caravan parks, so she might se this as a massive chance to pt a product in front of many existing customers

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
The dark haired old hag as you call her was a single penniless mother and fought her way up in logistics - and actually seemed quite an interesting lady when I saw an interview with her once on summat, which I watched cos I'd never heard of her either - if you are prepared to just see past the late 1980's Die Nasty shoulderpads look she's decided on LOL

A lot of us in business used to dress like that then Karl ! Absolutely de rigueur darling ! Except - layered long hair and a curly perm to produce the big hair to balance it, is also compulsory LOL

Google Dysentery - Blake Carrington .......

:ROFLMAO:

It was Chris not me that called her an old hag:Angry:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
(snip) I detest Duncan Bannatyne, anyone who is rude to people for the sake of being rude shows a very poor character. IMO, He's a prat, successful prat, rich prat but a prat nonetheless:Smile:

With two failed marriages, Duncan is classic case of wealth not buying happiness..

I don't particular like the man, he comes across as self opinionated and rude.. but he does say it how he sees it.. brusque and to the point, calls a spade a spade.. typical Jock or Northerner.. (where he now lives).

A prat in his private life perhaps, but in his business dealings, certainly not incompetent or ineffectual..

makes interesting reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_Bannatyne

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
With two failed marriages, Duncan is classic case of wealth not buying happiness..

I don't particular like the man, he comes across as self opinionated and rude.. but he does say it how he sees it.. brusque and to the point, calls a spade a spade.. typical Jock or Northerner.. (where he now lives).

A prat in his private life perhaps, but in his business dealings, certainly not incompetent or ineffectual..

makes interesting reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_Bannatyne

I dont know so much, he owns a number of keep fit establishments then goes and has a heart attack, not very business savy that was it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back