Waterford arms / Seaton sluce (1 Viewer)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
What can I say :Smile: it must have changed hands yet again :Eeek: The pub is famous for fish and chips along with other meals.We took our friend for a meal last Wednesday ---Big mistake :Doh::Eeek:Wife ordered garlic king prawn starter as her main course her mate got Scampi and for some daft reason I ordered medium Fish and chips:Doh:The wife's GKP came --3 prawns which had not been not been cleaned with the shit viens left in and 1 ins round pile of boiled rice, that was it:Eeek: Ann asked for a bit of bread -it came slightly toasted because it was stale:whatthe:friend got her Scampi that had been cooked in less than clean oil/fat and my Fish came and both myself and Ann sent it back :Eeek: The fish was brown and grey, not the milky white it should be :Eeek: They offered a replacement but this was changed for a steak pie :Smile:All in all a complete waste of 50 quid (only 1 drink each) how it can change so much from 3 weeks previous is beyond me :Doh: It will be a long time before we try it again :Eeek::winky:
Terry

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi don't do TA :Doh: but we were only in 3 weeks previosly and it was very nice :thumb: Cannot belive it could get 3 meals soooooo wrong :Angry:
The locals are always saying it keeps changing hands but the staff remain the same,and as such would think the meals would.
Ahh well another bites the dust :Doh: Long time before we go in again ::bigsmile:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
[HI]All in all a complete waste of 50 quid[/HI]

You Paid?:Eeek:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
[HI]All in all a complete waste of 50 quid[/HI]

You Paid?:Eeek:

Ha it been left to me I would not have paid but when with the wife it's a case of pay up and not go again ::bigsmile:
She remembers a long time ago in Staines (london)wewent into a resteraunt called A load of bull AND I REFUSHED TO PAY -they called police and the lot-I simply suplied them with my name and address ( told them to take me to small claims court )Copper said he ate in there and it was very good :winky: I assured him it was crap food crap servise, and just because they had a excelent reputation was nothing to do with the fact we had shite -I then offered to pay 20 quid from the 60 quid bill to cover there food/drinks cost-they refused and wanted it all,so I gave them another chance of the 20 and ended up putting all my money in my pocket :thumb: cop checked out my name and address was OK and gave the same details to the resteraunt brfore telling us to get on ourway ::bigsmile:
terry

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
We do not complain enough!

When we were in the States with friends (American), our food was wonderful, no complaints from us, but, my wife had a seafood wrap type thing with rice all inside. A huge portion in anyones terms, my wife was just about to give in 2/3rds of the way through, and our friend noticed that the abundant seafood in the first 2/3rds was dwindling in the last 1/3rd.
She complained to the management, and apologies were given to us all, with no charge for my wife's food, and a round of free drinks.
To be honest me and the missus were a little embarassed, but not so the American friends, they were used to complaining, and they said we do not complain enough.
"If we are not satisfied, we tell them, you Brits would just say, very nice thank you". And say nothing.
And they are correct, we all suffer in silence.

Craig

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
What can I say :Smile: it must have changed hands yet again :Eeek: The pub is famous for fish and chips along with other meals.We took our friend for a meal last Wednesday ---Big mistake :Doh::Eeek:Wife ordered garlic king prawn starter as her main course her mate got Scampi and for some daft reason I ordered medium Fish and chips:Doh:The wife's GKP came --3 prawns which had not been not been cleaned with the shit viens left in and 1 ins round pile of boiled rice, that was it:Eeek: Ann asked for a bit of bread -it came slightly toasted because it was stale:whatthe:friend got her Scampi that had been cooked in less than clean oil/fat and my Fish came and both myself and Ann sent it back :Eeek: The fish was brown and grey, not the milky white it should be :Eeek: They offered a replacement but this was changed for a steak pie :Smile:All in all a complete waste of 50 quid (only 1 drink each) how it can change so much from 3 weeks previous is beyond me :Doh: It will be a long time before we try it again :Eeek::winky:
Terry

You just reminded me we went to Burnham on crouch a few months back
Best chips I have had for years ,maybe ever

Crispy and fluffy inside plenty on the plate
along with the ham eggs and salad went down a treat
So much so mrs t said well come back again 70 mile round trip

Went back couple of weeks ago
It's right what they say never go back

Same restaurant different meal but with chips
Meal was alright but the chips were different to last time

Said to mrs t won't be back again
Thing is everything was alright
it was me thinking the chips would be the same

Probably different supplier , chef or potato

No point complaining
it was only the chips failing to meet
The previous offering

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You just reminded me we went to Burnham on crouch a few months back
Best chips I have had for years ,maybe ever

Crispy and fluffy inside plenty on the plate
along with the ham eggs and salad went down a treat
So much so mrs t said well come back again 70 mile round trip

Went back couple of weeks ago
It's right what they say never go back

Same restaurant different meal but with chips
Meal was alright but the chips were different to last time

Said to mrs t won't be back again
Thing is everything was alright
it was me thinking the chips would be the same

Probably different supplier , chef or potato

No point complaining
it was only the chips failing to meet
The previous offering

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Know what you mean, but we have been there 4 or 5 times this year.:Smile: It has varied a little, but this time it was the pits :whatthe:
When we take grandson he only eats fish and cheese so we tend to go the odd night so that he gets his fish and we get steak etc.On the plus side he has started to eat chips ::bigsmile:We will stick to Pantrin, s take away in Whitley bay in future :thumb:
Terry

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Same happened to us last week, terrible meal and I told them so but we had paid in advance so had to put up with it and will not go back there again.
It was our first visit there and our last.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back