wessex wanderer

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi Guys, Have a problem with my silver screen or it could be the door seal, the passanger side door leaks when i fit the sreen. Bought the screen 2011, the motorhome is 2012 Bessacar E564. I tried a seach of the site and found nothing... any ideas what the cause could be??

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi are you trapping the thick part of screen in door instead of just the flap ?
You could also bend the top of the door slightly to make a better seal :thumb::Eeek::Eeek:Drop glass down, open door,stick knee into door and pull towards knee gently ::bigsmile: NO DOUBT I SHALL GET ALL SORTS OF COMMENTS but on older trannys it was the only way to adjust the top bit of the door ::bigsmile::thumb::Eeek:
terry

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Hi Guys, Have a problem with my silver screen or it could be the door seal, the passanger side door leaks when i fit the sreen. Bought the screen 2011, the motorhome is 2012 Bessacar E564. I tried a seach of the site and found nothing... any ideas what the cause could be??

My mate had the same problem, the water would run in above it and because of the poor fit ran inside the door, he cut the flap that goes inside the door and that has cured the problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

wessex wanderer

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm sure that I am fitting the screen correctly, also sure that when the screens not on the door dose not leak though i am now keeping a close eye on it.
I;m sure your going to get a few comments on the bendy door fix:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
W

wessex wanderer

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
My mate had the same problem, the water would run in above it and because of the poor fit ran inside the door, he cut the flap that goes inside the door and that has cured the problem.

Sorry if i'm being a bit thick here but if you cut off the flap how will it stay wrapped to the door

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i suppose its down to water tracking down the inside of the cover.
there is a way around this but it is up to you how to cure it.
this is what i would use fitted above the door to reduce the amount of water that can actually get onto the top edge of the cover. http://www.johnscross.co.uk/products/fiamma-drip-stop-3m.html

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Knee on the door frame and pull in top section is a standard mechanic/dealer way of dealing with this problem. Or at least it was with Morris Marina's in the 70's - Wadham Stringer, Guildford
On one particular model once, you could see an inch of daylight at the top of the door frame if you sat in the passenger seat.

And we wonder why we no longer have an indigenous motor industry.....

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009

Same problem here-but only a small amount of water coming in.I put a chamois leather on door arm rest and that soaks it up satisfactorily ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i assume door does not leak when the silver screen is not fitted?

i would see if you can adjust the door catch to put pressure on the door seal or even consider changing the door seal... before i thought of " bending the door" :Eeek: and maybe making it leak elsewhere or cracking the paint.:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
i assume door does not leak when the silver screen is not fitted?

i would see if you can adjust the door catch to put pressure on the door seal or even consider changing the door seal... before i thought of " bending the door" :Eeek: and maybe making it leak elsewhere or cracking the paint.:thumb:

In my defence I did say bend gently ::bigsmile::winky:
I think he is trapping the screen in the top of the door-- when I fit ours I make sure that only the flap bit is touching the door top (pull it down) because if the thick screen bit is touching the door top/gutter then it can cause it to leak
terry

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
[HI][HI]In my defence I did say bend gently [/HI]::bigsmile::winky:[/HI]I think he is trapping the screen in the top of the door-- when I fit ours I make sure that only the flap bit is touching the door top (pull it down) because if the thick screen bit is touching the door top/gutter then it can cause it to leak
terry

:thumb:

OP
OP
W

wessex wanderer

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
In my defence I did say bend gently ::bigsmile::winky:
I think he is trapping the screen in the top of the door-- when I fit ours I make sure that only the flap bit is touching the door top (pull it down) because if the thick screen bit is touching the door top/gutter then it can cause it to leak
terry

I think I've got this sorted, the water is tracking the screen (the screen is fitted correctly nothing trapped in the door) then running down inside the door. I did the same as Mike though I used a towel. Thanks to you all for your suggestions and help

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back