Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Have a N + B Arto 69G. Both front seats are of the captains chair type (ie they turn around) which should be locked when facing forwards. Sadly though my driving seat will only lock half way round. The locking device only operates to prevent the seat turning clockwise but not anticlockwise when facing forwards.
I have taken the seat apart and it appears a locking pin slots into a u shaped slot, which causes me to puzzle why it should only half lock.

As I drive with seat belt on it does not present a driving difficulty but I am feared if I don't get it fixed it will be an MOT failure.

Any one any ideas?

Norman

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Can't help with your problem but it will certainly be a MOT failure.

The seat lock on my Fiat X2/50 failed and the 'very nice young man' at Adams Morey fixed it before they did the MOT testing to prevent a failure.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Norman on a older van of ours the seat fastening nut came slightly loose and that alowed the holding pin to move and wear away the U slot.Fixed it by retightening the nut and adding a spot of weld to the worn bit :thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
About 2008/9 there was a recall on the swivel type chairs your described. I believe it was the one with the orange type handle. The catch had a habit of slipping off the upright catchment pin and the seat moving forward. The remedy was to replace the whole mechanism with one where the catchment pin had a small dome welded to the top to prevent the catch from riding up and slipping off.

Ian

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Norman on a older van of ours the seat fastening nut came slightly loose and that alowed the holding pin to move and wear away the U slot.Fixed it by retightening the nut and adding a spot of weld to the worn bit :thumb:
terry

It seems that has been tried, the castle nut had been tightened and a hole drilled through the bolt and a split pin inserted. A mh dealer tightened the nut and said he had fixed it, which he had for a short while. I tried doing the same with no success but it seems as if you have found the solution; the u slot must be worn away. I think it is a case of trying a dealer who might have had experience and hopefully a solution.

Many thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back