Satelite tv Spain? (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2010
trawden lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
hi

We are leaving tonight for the ferry but one last question does Satelite work in Spain? We can't decide wether to take the tv or not, has anyone any ideas?

thanks Joyce

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We are down near Denia at the moment and our 80cm dish only gets Astra 1 which is only good for world news and foreign channels.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
depends on your dish size.

Valencia you need a 1mtr dish at least for good reception.
the further south you go the bigger the dish needed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
As mentioned you will get Astra 1 and with a 60cm dish ..

Check this site for your location and what channels are available

http://www.onastra.com/how-to-receive

Satellite TV is available all over Europe and North Africa.. but obviously not the same channels you get at home.. but part of the fun is finding out just what is available.. and from which satellites .. there are a lot more than most realise..

I recall trying to get TV in Southern Morocco.. just for fun really.. and found Nile Sat .. discovered it had quite a few movie channels specifically for the expats in the Middle East .. odd really as they were the latest movies with Arabic subtitles.. :roflmto:

Of course if you have a fully automatic dish this may not be so easy.. (I don't know as I've never had one) .. I used a cheap 60cm domestic dish clamped to the ladder and a basic audible sat finder which worked very well ..

One benefit of a portable dish is being able to move it to avoid treas.. Here it is clamped to a site pole in Roquetas, Spain

Christmas 2006

DSC_1164.jpg

Last edited:

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
hi

We are leaving tonight for the ferry but one last question does Satelite work in Spain? We can't decide wether to take the tv or not, has anyone any ideas?

thanks Joyce
nothing like leaving things to the last moment but good luck,you, ve been given all the advice you,ll need just want good line of site now see where other brits are pointing/using,all a learning curve.have a look at dishpointer.com for the compass bearing , have Fun , pete

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
hi

thanks Joyce

I have always managed to get some channels in S Spain & Portugal, just be prepared to experiment as Jim as said, after all you are down there with all the the time on your hands so use it.

As Mondo has said get on that site, and www.dishpointer,com, that will give you direction to point the dish, it can be fun and very satisfying when you get something. :thumb:

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
TV spain

hi

thanks Joyce

We just take DVD's

Malc

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
I have always managed to get some channels in S Spain & Portugal, just be prepared to experiment as Jim as said, after all you are down there with all the the time on your hands so use it.

As Mondo has said get on that site, and www.dishpointer,com, that will give you direction to point the dish, it can be fun and very satisfying when you get something. :thumb:

Would that link be http://www.dishpointer.com perchance!!..you have a comma instead of a DOT/full stop...

bob

Free Member
Feb 10, 2008
ALDRIDGE WEST MIDS
Funster No
MH
rapido
Exp
SINCE 1992
tv spain

On site bonaterra park Benicassim getting all tv programs with an oyster system and sky box

geoffrey.atkinson

Free Member
Oct 26, 2008
ripley derbyshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
since2006
satelitel in spain

hi

thanks Joyce

Hi Joyce, we go to porteo de mazorron camping,we where there 2010-2011 missed this year we have 80cm dish on the motorhome got itv1 no problem not bbc you have to set your sky box settings for spain if u know how to do it.someone on site will help hopefully. we hope to be setting off december enjoy the sun.geoff@chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back