gas fire v television (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Hi Folks can anyone explain to me when i turn my gas fire on i get interferance on my telly does anyone have the answer looking forward to your replies happy travels Rod:thumb:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I take it its in the van? Either way.... is the fan running on the gas fire? If so it is likely it is causing the interferance. Either worn badly bearings or a loss of a supressor somewhere.:thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
depends on which fire it is.
some of the trauma ones actually fire the ignition spark continuously when lit, this will cause said interference.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
marrod23
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
I take it its in the van? Either way.... is the fan running on the gas fire? If so it is likely it is causing the interferance. Either worn badly bearings or a loss of a supressor somewhere.:thumb:
Hi Phil no the fan isn't running someone suggested that maybe it could be a weak signal

OP
OP
marrod23
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
some of the trauma ones actually fire the ignition spark continuously when lit, this will cause said interference.
Hi Andy i think that might be the problem as it seems to happen when the red light on the knob stays on don't knoow if their is a solution cheers Rod

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
some of the trauma ones actually fire the [HI]ignition spark continuously [/HI]when lit, this will cause said interference.

are you sure about that?

none that I've had worked like that ..

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
the one in my dads clicks constantly when it is lit on gas flattening the battery under the front panel.
maybe its just his, otherwise i dont know but if one does it there is no reason that another one won't.

perhaps continuously was the wrong word

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
the one in my dads clicks constantly when it is lit on gas flattening the battery under the front panel.
maybe its just his, otherwise i dont know but if one does it there is no reason that another one won't.

perhaps I misunderstood.. you're saying it's not normal .. and your dad's has a fault .. ?

once lit the ignitor should stop sparking and only start if the gas runs out, or the flame detector thermocouple is faulty/not in the flame or the ignitor board has a fault..

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
It's simple,
Gas is one of the three classical states of matter (the others being liquid and solid). Near absolute zero, a substance exists as a solid. As heat is added to this substance it melts into a liquid at its melting point, boils into a gas at its boiling point, and if heated high enough would enter a plasma state in which the electrons are so energized that they leave their parent atoms from within the gas. A pure gas may be made up of individual atoms (e.g. a noble gas or atomic gas like neon), elemental molecules made from one type of atom (e.g. oxygen), or compound molecules made from a variety of atoms (e.g. carbon dioxide). A gas mixture would contain a variety of pure gases much like the air. What distinguishes a gas from liquids and solids is the vast separation of the individual gas particles. This separation usually makes a colorless gas invisible to the human observer. The interaction of gas particles in the presence of electric and gravitational fields can cause interference on some Tv’s.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Could be as simple as static electricity from the fire does the interfering stop if you touch the fire housing? If it does try ear thing the fire to the van chassis

OP
OP
marrod23
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
It's simple,
Gas is one of the three classical states of matter (the others being liquid and solid). Near absolute zero, a substance exists as a solid. As heat is added to this substance it melts into a liquid at its melting point, boils into a gas at its boiling point, and if heated high enough would enter a plasma state in which the electrons are so energized that they leave their parent atoms from within the gas. A pure gas may be made up of individual atoms (e.g. a noble gas or atomic gas like neon), elemental molecules made from one type of atom (e.g. oxygen), or compound molecules made from a variety of atoms (e.g. carbon dioxide). A gas mixture would contain a variety of pure gases much like the air. What distinguishes a gas from liquids and solids is the vast separation of the individual gas particles. This separation usually makes a colorless gas invisible to the human observer. The interaction of gas particles in the presence of electric and gravitational fields can cause interference on some Tv’s.
WOW never thought of that:Doh:cheers Rod

OP
OP
marrod23
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Could be as simple as static electricity from the fire does the interfering stop if you touch the fire housing? If it does try ear thing the fire to the van chassis
Thanks will try it tomorrow cheers Rod

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Phil no the fan isn't running someone suggested that maybe it could be a weak signal
cant see it being a weak signal.

digital signal is either there or not.

you either get a decent picture or it pixelates and freezes.

sounds like RF interference from somewhere to me

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

I suggest your Dad gets his fire sorted as it shouldn't do that and suggests that there is something wrong with the thermocoupler or possibly the gas supply is weak due to a blockage somewhere - it needs sorting. Gas needs to be given a lot of respect and any problems should be investigated and sorted.

I assume you have a standard Truma type convector fire with a blown air function? I wonder if it is the blown air part of it is interfering as even when it's not being used I imagine it has an electrical flow to it? Just guessing though! :Blush:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
looking at the truma website and the operating manual for the Trumatic S3002 it seems as if it is supposed to do it.

quote" Changing the Battery on auto ignitor
if no ignition sparking can be heard, or at intervals of more than one second (or if the monitor lamp "e",a accessory, is not flashing) the battery needs to be replaced.

source: Link Removed

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
looking at the truma website and the operating manual for the Trumatic S3002 it seems as if it is supposed to do it.

if no ignition sparking can be heard, or at intervals of more than one second (or if the monitor lamp "e",a accessory, is not flashing) the battery needs to be replaced.

we have the same fire and once lit it the ignitor should stop sparking , there is something wrong with the fire

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living

I’m sure that passage refers to when you hold down the "gas on /heat regulator" control knob. When the gas is ignited and the thermo coupler is heated up and the knob released, the infighter should stop.

I would have it serviced,

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4prqDn7QS8I&feature=related"]Fletch - "It's all ball bearings!!" - YouTube[/ame]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back