LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I don't know if we have an active fishing club on fun, but am off down to Dorset tomorrow to collect a new to me small fishing boat. Its an Island Plastics which is fully geared up with fish finder, two engines etc, and my intentions are to tow it with the camper. If any of you seasoned fishermen know of any good fishing grounds and would like to share the boats fuel costs on a days fishing maybe we can get a mini meet together sometime. Just a warm up before Norway next summer.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Best place I know is the Lochs on the west coast of Scotland with plenty of fish, and a lot of places to plot up, like Port Avardie on Loch Fynne or Loch Riddon, all these places have places where to launch a boat, we went there earlier on in the year and the fish could'nt wait to jump on our hooks.:thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
done a spot of beach casting and caught a few dabs and eels never really thought of going further out though and haven't been fishing in years.

though saw these at the birmingham show and thought what a novel idea.

http://boatbox.co.uk/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
done a spot of beach casting and caught a few dabs and eels never really thought of going further out though and haven't been fishing in years.

though saw these at the birmingham show and thought what a novel idea.

http://boatbox.co.uk/
Thats a good idea, am not so sure I would like to go very far out in it though or catch anything of any size. Am really quite a novice as have only ever sea fished in Norway. I have a beachcaster but have never used it as I wouldn't know how. I did used to fly fish and am not what you would call a fisherman as I only fish for what I can eat.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well thats the boat collected and after spending a few days with Wildman at The Lazy Buzzard in Devon am now ready for the drive home. Many thanks to Roger for his help and expertise sorting the trailer of which am very grateful. I just wish the weather had been kinder so we could have had sea trials. Ah well roll on next summer and Norway.

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Any time you are planning trip to Scotland, i would love to join up with you, share costs,laughs and fun, years since i was fishing from boat but remember it was great, and eating fish you pulled out of the water yourself mmmm extra special
Ken :thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thats a great location your in there. Will do my best to take you up on that offer next summer.

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
dont know if you can still launch a boat from balmaha,we camped on inchcailloch back in the day,limited in numbers for that,took a 12 foot cathedral hull on the roof rack,on the way back down we camped near inverary launched the boat there and got plenty of mackeral in the loch,very deep even with 100yards out we never touched the bottom,a bit eerie when a periscope passes you by looking in your direction,all we could do was wave.....
If you,re ever down Plymouth then i would be tempted.Tight lines .pete

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Over the last month at Burnham-on-Sea, our kids have been learning how to use a certain beachcasting rod we bought at the Bring & Buy meet ::bigsmile:

:thumb:
Link Removed

Glad they are getting the use from them :thumb: Have they caught anything yet?

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Just practising casting, really, as far as the beach goes - drowning worms. We did catch a brown trout and a perch on the river Yeo,though, with the beachcaster. :thumb:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
mackerel

mackerel :thumb:Remember em well we used to have lots of em down in Plymouth then all the jocks came down and sucked em up :cry:ttfn n tight lines

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Parted company with my 4m dory style gull wing hull last october. Could get out enough and motorhome as it needed 2 to launch. Some great places on the Gower and west Wales and you dont need to be far out. Did the powerboat level 2 RYC Cert a while back and that really made me confident handling the boat and getting about inshore.

Oxwich bay is great in spring, typical day would be 5 to 7 different species including bass and even rays. Launch off the beach or there are some public slipways around that part of the coast.

" thight lines " as they say. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back