LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
At last after waiting all summer for our new van and then a nearly 4 week wait for the V5 from DVLA we are ready to go ( well nearly :Smile:).

Booked the ferry for next Sunday (4th Nov) Portsmouth to Bilbao then head straight down south to Zahora :thumb::thumb:

Not gone totally to plan (thanks Mr DVLA!) as we are languishing in Cornwall and really wanted to sail from Plymouth - the last boat went last Sunday :cry::cry::cry::cry:

So now we have to go to Portsmouth - deep joy :winky:
At least it's Sunday so the drive ( towing caravan :Eeek:) shouldn't be too fraught! We're novices at this towing lark :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Any Funsters booked on that ferry??

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Best of luck Marie

Hope all goes well! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Catherine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
At least it's Sunday so the drive ( towing caravan :Eeek:) shouldn't be too fraught! We're novices at this towing lark :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's going to be a steep learning curve for you. If in doubt stop and think what's going on.

You're going to have to control that right foot Pitstop but just think how deep you can dig in now with the assistance of a caravan.

Have FUN.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
LOOK OUT... :Eeek:
Stretford Gipsies On The Move...
JJ :Cool:

And coming to a country near you.

Do you want a nice tarmac road on your estate ? Nice and cheap. Got too much for the last job.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hello Marie and Rex!!!

Have a nice and safe journey!!! ....Last year same time we were together in Burgos , and I was surprising you on that place you were standing on.... looking high for some big boy...who was trying to escape the Spanish Guardia Civil in my car :ROFLMAO:

May be I'll see you in March or April who knows!

Take care you 2!!

Affectueusement

Frankie::bigsmile::winky:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Safe journey you two :thumb:

See you in about 10 weeks :thumb:

Dont forget to gee up watsiname to get our slabs laid !!! :winky:

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hope all goes well! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Catherine

So far so good Catherine! :Smile: Just little niggles. Hope things are looking up for you :Smile:

It's going to be a steep learning curve for you. If in doubt stop and think what's going on.

You're going to have to control that right foot Pitstop but just think how deep you can dig in now with the assistance of a caravan.

Have FUN.

Brian! We haven't sunk in the sand for a couple of years now :winky::winky:
And coming to a country near you.

Do you want a nice tarmac road on your estate ? Nice and cheap. Got too much for the last job.

Not up to tarmac yet - still learning how to make pegs! :winky::winky:

Hello Marie and Rex!!!

Have a nice and safe journey!!! ....Last year same time we were together in Burgos , and I was surprising you on that place you were standing on.... looking high for some big boy...who was trying to escape the Spanish Guardia Civil in my car :ROFLMAO:

May be I'll see you in March or April who knows!

Take care you 2!!

Affectueusement

Frankie::bigsmile::winky:

Yep should see you in the spring :thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Blimey hope your not paying for that empty pitch, :winky: bet they have a search party out looking for you. :ROFLMAO: I know they like a :party2: and any excuse. :ROFLMAO:

Have a safe journey Marie and Rex, hope the crossing is calm for you.:helptitanic::helptitanic:

We will be on the train this time. :thumb:

See you next year if not before. ::bigsmile: Bob and Jane.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
At last after waiting all summer for our new van and then a nearly 4 week wait for the V5 from DVLA we are ready to go ( well nearly :Smile:).

Booked the ferry for next Sunday (4th Nov) Portsmouth to Bilbao then head straight down south to Zahora :thumb::thumb:

Not gone totally to plan (thanks Mr DVLA!) as we are languishing in Cornwall and really wanted to sail from Plymouth - the last boat went last Sunday :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Any Funsters booked on that ferry??

I wish:Smile:

Have the caravan, but now the van is in the Peugeot main dealers having the Clutch and Flywheel replaced under warranty. Can't get the new parts till next Wednesday at the earliest they tell me. They've already had it for two weeks.:Angry:
V5 still not arrived and in theory, I can't get a number plate for the caravan without it.
So, though I would love to be heading over, caravan in tow, I'm afraid I'm stuck here for a while yet.:cry:
Good luck with your journey and keep safe. :thumb:

Pete:Cool:

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Glad you got your van ok - eventually and its all that you wished for.
Have a safe journey and enjoy your new toy.

Lovely to meet you at Wrenbury

Brian and Chris

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Portsmouth to Bilbao then head straight down south to Zahora :thumb::thumb:

Following lengthy delays involving Differential/Gearbox/Water tank :cry::cry:/new Beeny Boxes (brilliant) :Smile::Smile: and other stuff we are set to arrive in Santander on Saturday :thumb::thumb:and then on to Portugal. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: I have read the name Zahora several times but have no idea where it is . Can you tell me a bit about it and where it is please?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back