Phone Code (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Guys as most of you know my son imigrated to New Zealand this year they have a land line now in there house My phone bill has went through the roof i herd that if you put a code no before there no it reduces the cost is that the case if so what is it

Thanks

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Why not subscribe to Skype. For about £3 a month you can choose to call any named countries landlines at no extra cost NZ is there I just checked. :thumb: Broken Link Removed

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Or just use skype for free if they are online. Then you can see them as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Guys as most of you know my son imigrated to New Zealand this year they have a land line now in there house My phone bill has went through the roof i herd that if you put a code no before there no it reduces the cost is that the case if so what is it

Thanks

Hi, Try 1899.com, 2p per minute to NZ, just register on line, need cc for monthly billing, I have had them for years, cannot speak too highly of them

You just enter 1899 before your call, thats it !,

Ken Beerdrinker :thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Why not subscribe to Skype. For about £3 a month you can choose to call any named countries landlines at no extra cost NZ is there I just checked. :thumb: Broken Link Removed

Or just use skype for free if they are online. Then you can see them as well.

Send a text message to get them online for your call. :Smile:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

I agree with Jim,...Skype contract.. or..Skype out ..or... Skype to Skype.. computer to computer.
This is what we use,
We are in France...we use the monthly one for Europe...I think the one for New Zealand is just a couple of £ more..but they are unlimited any time of the day or night from your computer or phone with Skype. or a tablet with Skype...you just pay a monthly fee...or you could use Skype out..this is similar but you pay up front of say about £10.00 and top up when the money runs out...these are for you to ring a land line....computer to computer is free.....

We have been using Skype for 8 years +
Mel:thumb:

Last edited:

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
We use Vonage internet phone its about £9 a month but gives unlimited calls to most of Europe ,US ,Canada, Australia,New Zealand etc :Smile:

Link Removed

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Contact

If you both have computers the cost should be nil. There are loads of things out there you can use. Skype as previously mentioned. If you both have Ipad Apple have Facetime, there is also Msn Messenger and Yahoo messenger, to name a few.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
An often overlooked option is http://www.jajah.com

That uses the house fone...

Basically, you register on there, and when you want to call someone, enter the number wanted ( there is a fone book so you do not have to keep on doing that, merely select the number you want to call from the list )

Your house fone rings, a voice says 'please hold, JaJah is connecting your call.'

The other end rings and you can now chat away to your hearts content for next to nothing

America cost me 1.2p a minute, Oz 2.1p a minute

As a bonus, anyone you want to call in the UK who is also registered on there is a free call :thumb:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I have used Best Minutes for years

to call Chile - the rate for NZ is 1p per minute landline to landline - and 10p per minute landline to mobile. Best Minutes is http://www.bestminutes.co.uk

I can actually call NZ free on my TalkTalk phoneline with international boost @ £3 per month!

Catherine

OP
OP
B
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Hi, Try 1899.com, 2p per minute to NZ, just register on line, need cc for monthly billing, I have had them for years, cannot speak too highly of them

You just enter 1899 before your call, thats it !,

Ken Beerdrinker :thumb:

Thanks il do that i have Skype and use it most of the time but there are times when im away and want to contact them on a land line
Thanks again

Bill

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Skype phone

I have a cheap S2 Skype phone (3 network) even without calling credit msn and Skype free speak to Aus NZ and stateside regularly when not on pc
ttfn jr

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back