Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
The charger seems to have packed up on our mobility scooter:Sad::Sad:----I
'phoned up the co. that we bought it from and they want £90 for a new one:cry::cry:------------It has an outlet of +29.5v DC---4 amp---------for less than that we could get a C-tek------the scooter has 2 -12v batteries------any ideas on how we should sort this problem ?????????
At the moment we are charging with a small car battery charger (direct to 1 battery---with a link to the other battery)
The plug that connects to the scooter has 3 pins---marked up as 1 + and other 2 as GND-------I don't fully understand this set-up:Sad:

Nigel & Pamala

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Wouldnt one of those that are now used for motorcycles be of some use?

Jaws would be the man to ask ...

Taken from Jaws site...Link Removed

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
thanks for the replies-:thumb::thumb:
We shopped around and found a Numax 24v-- 7amp' connect & forget'--6 stage--- with a plug fitted to plug straight into the scooter---it has a built in fan so should resist the temptation to cook itself----from-------E-bay

::bigsmile:-----------ordered on-line and it was delivered in two days---------------the price of the 'inferior one' (4 amp) from the scooter Co. was £90 + P&P--------this one was £48 delivered-------

Nigel & Pamala
Item title:Numax Connect & Forget Mobility Battery Charger 24V,7AH

Last edited:

Pigwam

Free Member
Jun 15, 2012
Chester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi
thanks for the replies-:thumb::thumb:
We shopped around and found a Numax 24v-- 7amp' connect & forget'--6 stage--- with a plug fitted to plug straight into the scooter---it has a built in fan so should resist the temptation to cook itself----from-------E-bay

::bigsmile:-----------ordered on-line and it was delivered in two days---------------the price of the 'inferior one' (4 amp) from the scooter Co. was £90 + P&P--------this one was £48 delivered-------

Nigel & Pamala
Item title:Numax Connect & Forget Mobility Battery Charger 24V,7AH

Its not a bad charger, its one of the many generic mobility chargers from the pacific rim, and at that price it wasn't a bad buy.:thumb:

Pigwam

Free Member
Jun 15, 2012
Chester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi
The charger seems to have packed up on our mobility scooter:Sad::Sad:----I
'phoned up the co. that we bought it from and they want £90 for a new one:cry::cry:------------It has an outlet of +29.5v DC---4 amp---------for less than that we could get a C-tek------the scooter has 2 -12v batteries------any ideas on how we should sort this problem ?????????
At the moment we are charging with a small car battery charger (direct to 1 battery---with a link to the other battery)
The plug that connects to the scooter has 3 pins---marked up as 1 + and other 2 as GND-------I don't fully understand this set-up:Sad:

Nigel & Pamala

I didnt read your post fully, the three connections in the 3 pin plug are +Pos -Neg and the other one is normally a link from the from the neg this is the the inhibit so that you cant drive while its on charge.

the cost of battery chargers from a mobility supplier would normally range from around £70 to £169 depending on the scooter manufacturer wheelchairs can be higher.

battery chargers are normally very reliable and we look after around 85,000 people in mobility products around 10% in powerchairs and we have less than 1% that go down through a electrical failure.

also remember that you can not check the output by putting a multimeter across the output leads as all mobility chargers are / should be made to the domestic battery charger reqs and ISO 7176 which means that they can not have an output unless connected to the powerchair.

normally it will need to have at least around 17 vdc to switch on, so if the batteries are flat it wont charge.

sorry I call Scooters and electric wheelchairs powerchairs as they are classified the same under the law.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back