Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
After a weekend of being cosseted and force fed gourmet style cooking in Deganwy the time has come to move on !!:cry:

Heading towards my usual "base" at the CC&C site at Cranberry Moss, halfway between Oswestry and Shrewsbury !:thumb:

Any body else heading that way ??????:Cool::Cool::Cool:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> Back to the daily grind !!!

I thought for a minute you'd got back to the roundabout.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
>> Back to the daily grind !!!

I thought for a minute you'd got back to the roundabout.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:..... Cheeky moo!!!

Steve .... I'm afraid you'll get the odd joke each time you'll be going ...somewhere....There will always be a roundabout on your way and funsters to make a joke about it !::bigsmile:

Mind you .... I might have the same problem with all the places having curtains:Blush:...Thanks to JJ for that one :RollEyes:

Frankie:Cool:

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
I don't think so !

Not a million miles from Wrenbury, is that not better/cheaper ???

3 nights on a hardstanding, leccy, decent showers and free wi fi. bus stop outside, half hourly service to both towns, all for the princely sum of £29-70 !!!!!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Bring it on chaps !!!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:..... Cheeky moo!!!

Steve .... I'm afraid you'll get the odd joke each time you'll be going ...somewhere....There will always be a roundabout on your way and funsters to make a joke about it !::bigsmile:

Mind you .... I might have the same problem with all the places having curtains:Blush:...Thanks to JJ for that one :RollEyes:

Frankie:Cool:

It's a cross that I must bear !! :Doh: I have broad shoulders:Doh: I can take all the jokes that come my way ! At least I am not being ignored !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

p.s. Have you caught that Rabbit yet ???????

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
It's a cross that I must bear !! :Doh: I have broad shoulders:Doh: I can take all the jokes that come my way ! At least I am not being ignored !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

p.s. Have you caught that Rabbit yet ???????

Yes ..but.... I'm afraid Ken and Steph gave it a go:Blush::roflmto:

I'll get another one for you :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
back to the daily grind, been living on instant coffee then Steve. By the way you could have let me know Leominster had started charging for the carpark.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
After a weekend of being cosseted and force fed gourmet style cooking in Deganwy the time has come to move on !!:cry:

[HI]Heading towards my usual "base[/HI]" at the CC&C site at Cranberry Moss, halfway between Oswestry and Shrewsbury !:thumb:

[HI]Any body else heading that way[/HI] ??????:Cool::Cool::Cool:

No, no not now.............:ROFLMAO: :roflmto: :ROFLMAO: :winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It was the trees I disliked ! Too many of 'em !!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You are not the first person to say that. Especially with the caterpillars, which have now reached southern England.

On the other hand Marjal needs some trees to break it up.

As someone else has said, the Spanish like the trees because you go there in the baking heat.

Sometimes trees are good....

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 19

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
I only have 2 weeks before the off !!! I liked Doubletrees and Zahora, It was the trees I disliked ! Too many of 'em !!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OK you win :winky::winky::winky::winky:

I love the trees in Zahora - it's a pine forest - that's why they have trees!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

There's a bit of scaremongering goes on about the caterpillars. In 5 winters there we have only known of 1 dog having a problem, and there are always plenty of dogs around. As for humans .. you are most at risk if you disturb the hairs on them or if they get on your washing ( that's happened to me :Sad:) I use the tumble dryers in caterpillar season. :Smile: A can of hairspray and a match disposes of them quite well without disturbing the hairs :Smile:

The CS in Shrewsbury is:-

Coton Hill Farm
Corporation Lane
Off Berwick Rd

Very handy for getting into the town centre.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
According to the C&CC website the fees for this CS are £12 to £13. It could do with a positive review from you if it is as good as you say, the two reviews are there are not good.

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/siteseekerlite/aspx/details.aspx?id=126112

When we stayed I rang the site a couple of days earlier and spoke to a man who told me the owners were away. He was also going to be away the day we were staying.

He said we could stay as we didn't need any facilities and to just put £3 through the front door of the house.

We did find a tap for clean water and 2 toilets. There were no other vans on site.
Don't really want to write a review for C&CC as we only stayed for 1 night and the owners weren't there. We were only there from about 5pm to 11am the following day and were actually out in town all evening.

Access would be difficult for large motorhomes ( we are 6m ) or caravans.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
You are not the first person to say that. Especially with the caterpillars, which have now reached southern England.

On the other hand Marjal needs some trees to break it up.

As someone else has said, the Spanish like the trees because you go there in the baking heat.

[HI]Sometimes trees are good[/HI]....

And Others.............?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun