Alternative To: .. a software site (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Just found this site, so not had time to appraise it .. but worth a look .

AlternativeTo is a new approach to finding good software. Tell us what application you want to replace and we give you great alternatives, based on user recommendations.

We have one mission: helping you find the right software for your computer, mobile phone or tablet. Our main focus is to give you alternatives to software you already know and want to replace.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
:Smile: How would you know what to trust :Smile:

In what respect ?

The site is a directory of alternative software, many of the listings are well known products from the likes of Google, Adobe, Gimp, Microsoft etc. etc plus a lot of less well known

If you have a particular product that interests you, read the reviews, go to the developers site, Google it, see how many 'like' it .. If still unsure, ask on here.. Once happy, download and give it a try .. If after trying I'm unhappy with a product, I use Revo Uninstaller to remove.. this ensures that all folders, files and registry entries are removed..

In my experience there are some great free alternative software, like Gimp and Inkscape, Picasa, SketchUp, etc too many to list .. but .. also some lemons.. but without trying we never know..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back