Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi the smelly job!:RollEyes:

You will need the right chemical for which the site allows !! perhaps member could put the one they use and price per litre..

put some chemical in the toilet measured amount with a drop off water! in the spout thetford say..

[DO NOT pour Aqua Kem into the holding tank through the blade hole: always add it via the pouring spout. ]

then to empty after !!!:winky:

Take to chemical waste area! find this when you arrive on site!:wub: mind you dont lose your cap down the waste hole ! empty and wash out with water a couple off times add the chemical again has before..!!1

if winter and laying up keep empty

Ray

ray

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi the smelly job!:RollEyes:

You will need the right chemical for which the site allows !! perhaps member could put the one they use and price per litre..

put some chemical in the toilet measured amount with a drop off water! in the spout thetford say..

[DO NOT pour Aqua Kem into the holding tank through the blade hole: always add it via the pouring spout. ]

then to empty after !!!:winky:

Take to chemical waste area! find this when you arrive on site!:wub: mind you dont lose your cap down the waste hole ! empty and wash out with water a couple off times add the chemical again has before..!!1

if winter and laying up keep empty

Ray

ray

thetford recommend 130ml chemical with 2 ltr water for the blackwater tank. i use thetford blue and aquarinse pink in the flush tank.
as for the site preferences if they allow chemicals then it shouldn't matter what type/make hence the term "chemical toilet disposal".
i find it's only the 'green' sites that dont allow formaldahyde ect.

john

Upvote 0

gillr49

Free Member
Aug 8, 2007
Holbeach Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More tips, really useful
Why not put the chemical through the blade hole? No reason for asking I've just got a curious nature.

How to ...............level with chocks, get ventilation at night and be safe and anything else I haven't even thought of (next week will be too late)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
More tips, really useful
Why not put the chemical through the blade hole? No reason for asking I've just got a curious nature.

How to ...............level with chocks, get ventilation at night and be safe and anything else I haven't even thought of (next week will be too late)

HI :eek: spirt level :Smile: open the heki :Smile: be a x para with a baseball bat in cab::bigsmile:

working on it:winky:

RAY​

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
More tips, really useful

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

hi gill, i think suraman hit the nail on the head but i'm sure you could use a little more detail.
leveling: park in prefered spot and look at van. whichever end/side is lowest put ramps under the lowest wheels, CAREFULLY drive up ramps then look again. it only goes bump if you drive over the top!!! if at top of ramp but still not level move elsewhere leveller and repeat til level. you will see when its level enough. dont forget to chock wheels and put on handbrake/leave in gear.
ventilation: open windows onto first position catch which should give about 10mm opening. open roof lights in same way.you could always stand something against the blinds which will fall if the window is opened ie: a pan or walking stick ect. we never have a problem with this as it looks like windows are closed.
the toilet chemical probably damages the sealing face of the blade but inside the tank it wont matter.

john.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi no problem :Smile: every one starts somewhere that what i started the posts for to help new people out !!! I like the mh enjoy:Smile::Smile:

RAY

Upvote 0
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Also:

'Never use household detergents to clean the toilet: they may contain bleach, which can cause damage to the seals and plastic. Use a dilute warm water solution of washing up liquid.

If you won't be using the thetford for some time, give the toilet a thorough clean, making certain that you dry both the lipseal and blade, then spray them lightly with Thetford Maintenance Spray. Leave the blade in the open position to minimise the risk of the seal sticking to it.

DO NOT pour Aqua Kem into the holding tank through the blade hole: always add it via the pouring spout.

DO NOT shake the holding tank violently when rinsing it, as this can dislodge the float arm. A gentle swirling action and two or more rinses, as required, will ensure the tank is thoroughly clean.

When charging the holding tank add two litres of water to the Aqua Kem. This minimises the risk of waste "Pyramiding".

Add Aqua Rinse to units which have their own fresh water tanks, It ensures a better flush flush preventing staining. '

Upvote 0

2escapees

Deleted User
The simple and best solution for your Thetford is NOT to use any chemicals but have a Zog fitted. Saves money, good for the environment and NO smells!

Upvote 0

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
The simple and best solution for your Thetford is NOT to use any chemicals but have a Zog fitted. Saves money, good for the environment and NO smells!

Except when emptying.
A Sog only keeps smells out of your van (which is good) ::bigsmile:
We have used Bio Magic for the last 2 years, in USRV & Euro van & found it to be good at doing what it says, no chemicals so no problems with sites that say no chemicals.

Upvote 0

freakylady

Free Member
Apr 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 months
thetford recommend 130ml chemical with 2 ltr water for the blackwater tank.

please will you clarify this for me ... before toilet is used you need the chemical PLUS 2ltr water in the Thetford unit?

we have one of the larger units and are currently putting in about 180mls thetford blue to stop any smells.

??

Upvote 0

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Oh my .... i never knew going to the bog could be so complex:Eeek::ROFLMAO:

Thank the Lord ive got an RV with a proper flushing loo and the best waste disposal system ive ever seen.:thumb:

Why cant European manufacturers fit a proper flushing loo and holding tank system :Doh: It really is a no brainer :thumb:

No doubt in 10-15 years time we will have caught up and decent loos will be fitted as standard then we will all look back and laugh :roflmto: wondering why we put up with it for so long!! :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Freakylady

please will you clarify this for me ... before toilet is used you need the chemical PLUS 2ltr water in the Thetford unit?

Yes you do, you need enough water in the tank to cover any waste, otherwise its going to get rather smelly no matter which additive you use.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back