Our 24th October 2012 Kiwi harvest (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Well I have just picked the kiwi havest.....these are off one female plant - with a male plant next to it

19 lb .......Mmmm lovely:clap::wooo::wooo:::bigsmile:

Attachments

• PA240001.jpg
    PA240001.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 39
  • PA240002.jpg
    PA240002.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Fabulous. What will you do with them? ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Ivy..........eat them..Mmmmm:winky::winky:....although we have picked them ...we now leave them for two months..to soften and ripen.

I have just taken a box full of 20+ to our French neighbour...:thumb:
Lovely.

Do you like kiwi's...Ivy

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Pffffft I was going to come and scummpy them when we were as near as Embry but could not find your house

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Excuse my ignorance, why dont they ripen on the plant or will the weather get at them?

Peter

Peter I think it may well be the frost...
Our neighbour who has many plants,( had them for years )...and the book says harvest in October...
Me being just a novice who am I to argue.
You have to have a male and female together...you get nowt for 4 years...then on the 5th year we got 1 kiwi fruit...then 6th year I think it was 20 kiwi's ...now I have not counted this year as there are so many I have just weighed them....19lb

But I would think Frost...now we keep them indoors..for 2 months...same with all our walnuts that are falling we keep them inside to dry....and will be ready to eat at around Christmas

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Ivy..........eat them..Mmmmm:winky::winky:....although we have picked them ...we now leave them for two months..to soften and ripen.

I have just taken a box full of 20+ to our French neighbour...:thumb:
Lovely.

Do you like kiwi's...Ivy

I love them and they are very healthy. Full of vitamins. So does your neighbour grown something and give it to you? I saw Little England on tv yesterday which shows Brits living in the Dordogne. Strangely, it always seems to be sunny there. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I thought you were trying to tell us where New Zealanders came from ... I thought we all came from the cabbage patch! :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I love them and they are very healthy. Full of vitamins. So does your neighbour grown something and give it to you? I saw Little England on tv yesterday which shows Brits living in the Dordogne. Strangely, it always seems to be sunny there. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

A lot of our village neighbours give things away...sometimes they gave us eggs (lovely all deep red /orange yolk with very little white) BUT the poor things 5 days ago have been N***ed all 4 of them:cry:... we give kilo's of raspberries away... and strawberries..grapes... they do the same..we give Walnuts away...plums when we have a good harvest..our other neighbour used to give us Kiwi's untill ours started to produce fruit..what fruit you have a surplus of... you just ask if anybody wants them...shame to waste good fruit Ivy:thumb:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back