Water pump fuse keeps blowing (1 Viewer)

cainee

Free Member
Oct 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
I have recently bought a 1994 Hymer 564 and on our second trip out the water pump fuse kept blowing the second the power went on. Is this something that anyone has experience of. I was intending on swapping out the water pump but nor sure if this is the problem.

Help please.:Sad::Sad::Sad:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
the only way to find out is to disconnect the water pump, keeping the wires insulated, as close to the pump you can, replace the fuse and attempt to run it. If the fuse blows it is a wiring fault, if it doesn't it is the pump!:thumb:

OP
OP
C

cainee

Free Member
Oct 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
can you explain this a bit further, not sure what you mean by disconnect and then keep as close to the pump as possible?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
can you explain this a bit further, not sure what you mean by disconnect and then keep as close to the pump as possible?
Locate the pump the remove the live (pos +) wire from the pump and wrap a bit of tape round the terminal so it cant touch to earth....if not sure which is live then remove both and tape the ends (separately)

then replace the fuse.

turn on the pump switch or open a tap

if the fuse still blows theres a fault on the wiring

if it doesnt blow the pump has a fault and probably needs replacing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cainee

Free Member
Oct 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Excellent. I thought that is what was required by just wanted to double check. Thank you all.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006

I just read my post, I can see why I caused confusion!

Must retake my GCE english.............:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
If the problem is identified to be on the pump side, sometimes the little impeller inside becomes stuck, (especially of not used for a while).
Removing the little filter from the base of the pump, and manually rotating the impeller with a small screwdriver or skewer, can often resolve the problem. It's certainly worth a try, if it's the pump at fault. :winky:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back