Oct 20, 2012
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carioca694
Exp
30 yrs
Hi everyone :)

Just a question about winter travelling , mainly in France Are there many camping municipals open into November ? we're off on Thursday for 9 days and rather like the idea of having electric hookup overnight.Plus we've not really used the Carioca in chilly weather so don't know how we'll insulated it is It's 2009 model.

Ta !

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Just a question about winter travelling , mainly in France Are there many camping municipals open into November ? we're off on Thursday for 9 days and rather like the idea of having electric hookup overnight.Plus we've not really used the Carioca in chilly weather so don't know how we'll insulated it is It's 2009 model.

Ta !

I don't think there will be any municipal campsites open by November in France, or if there are they'll be few and far between, perhaps there may be some private campsites open? Most aires will be open but as soon as the weather gets too severe the water is turned off although as you get further south the water may be kept on. I know this reply isn't very helpful but France can be extremely cold in the winter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to fun, enjoy your holiday.:Smile:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I don't think there will be any municipal campsites open by November in France, or if there are they'll be few and far between, perhaps there may be some private campsites open? Most aires will be open but as soon as the weather gets too severe the water is turned off although as you get further south the water may be kept on. I know this reply isn't very helpful but France can be extremely cold in the winter.

Wot he says. The ACSI book tells you the opening dates of all their sites if you've got it.:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Ta !

If you're setting off on Thursday for 9 days you'll be away mainly in October so may find some municipals and private campsites still open. As you're only away for 9 days I don't suppose you'll get far and October is not really 'winter travelling' so you'll probably be warm enough.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Mainly, if they don't shut on 30th Sept, it's end of the first week of Oct.

Some aires have electrickery though - for instance Le Treport and Honfleur are 2 that immediately spring to mind. But make sure you have a ma-hoosively long lead for Honfleur! Amboise is another. (the one on the island, not sure about the one in the town) Oh - Stenay - AND hot showers there.

Hee hee - we're off tomorrow. Aires for us, only ever plug in if it's included in the price - and ours has a single floor. But we've been in snow for nearly a week at Minehead and survived !

Pete reckons I can't go to France without 'having to' buy summat new to wear, so we'll see - but the Thinsulate hats and gloves are in and we have our walking boots and thick coats and jumpers and stuff - so we can ALL most likely guarantee a heatwave!

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Mainly, if they don't shut on 30th Sept, it's end of the first week of Oct.

Some aires have electrickery though - for instance Le Treport and Honfleur are 2 that immediately spring to mind. But make sure you have a ma-hoosively long lead for Honfleur! Amboise is another. (the one on the island, not sure about the one in the town) Oh - Stenay - AND hot showers there.

Hee hee - we're off tomorrow. Aires for us, only ever plug in if it's included in the price - and ours has a single floor. But we've been in snow for nearly a week at Minehead and survived !

Pete reckons I can't go to France without 'having to' buy summat new to wear, so we'll see - but the Thinsulate hats and gloves are in and we have our walking boots and thick coats and jumpers and stuff - so we can ALL most likely guarantee a heatwave!

Have a good trip Jenny but watch out as Shftzz is about over here!!

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
At Metz last week the Municipal was closed and the water was off at the aire outside.
Camping Fontaine les Clerc at Montreuil sur Mer is open all year round-we are there now.
Mike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back