Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Some people certainly aren't short of a few bob, quite a few new motorhomes and caravans sold today at the NEC. Along with lot's of accessories, the show was packed by 11:30.

At 14:00 there were swathes of motorhomers sat in corridors as every seat in the dozen or more food halls was full. Seems to be a lot of money around. Me? I had a packed lunch I've not got any :roflmto:

nec_zps212769d7.jpg

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
SHHH.... about the cash....
They will all want some.. :ROFLMAO:

I am going weds or thurs and splashing out, gonna buy a coffee in one of their cafe's....

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Never seen so many expensive motorhomes as I have on this trip. Concordes Phoenix N+B Carthargos but all on German plates In La Manga at the moment same here loads of 200000 euro vans but none on UK plates Only big vans are loads of old RVs that look like they"ve been here forever Oh by the way 26 C today ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Caravan Club day today.

We just hope we can get in the ones we want to look at and can get to look round unhampered by people taking photographs of bloody everything and not allowing anyone else to pass. If you need to take so many photos, then please make arrangements to be there when everyone else isn't!

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Yes, it was a escellent day on the Fiamma stand for us, also sold an new Autotrail with some more promising enquiries on the Pilote stand.

I need it, it has been a poor year yet the number of houses being sold quickly where I live (Wokingham Berks) is amazing plus all the new Audi's, Range Rovers, Jags on the road is amazing for a recession.

Peter

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes, it was a escellent day on the Fiamma stand for us, also sold an new Autotrail with some more promising enquiries on the Pilote stand.

I need it, it has been a poor year yet the number of houses being sold quickly where I live (Wokingham Berks) is amazing [HI]plus all the new Audi's, Range Rovers, Jags on the road is amazing for a recession.[/HI]

Peter
Doesn't surprise me. People got themselves strapped up to the eyeballs with mortgages/credit they could hardly afford to service. Interest rates drop which means the credit is more serviceable. Do they leave it at that? No, they go out and strap themselves up again.

Nice to see that some have more sense and buy motorhomes ::bigsmile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Caravan Club day today.

We just hope we can get in the ones we want to look at and can get to look round unhampered by [HI]people taking photographs of bloody everything[/HI] and not allowing anyone else to pass. If you need to take so many photos, then please make arrangements to be there when everyone else isn't!
You will have to speak to Jim about that. :winky:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Went to the show today. Busy in some of the halls. Like Jim, I took my sandwiches with me. Went with two tuggers so I saw some aspects of the show I wouldn't normally see:thumb:

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Some people certainly aren't short of a few bob, quite a few new motorhomes and caravans sold today at the NEC. Along with lot's of accessories, the show was packed by 11:30.

At 14:00 there were swathes of motorhomers sat in corridors as every seat in the dozen or more food halls was full. Seems to be a lot of money around. Me? I had a packed lunch I've not got any :roflmto:

nec_zps212769d7.jpg

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
NOT GOT ANY MONEY??????MY AR$$E!!!!!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Been today and was quite busy with visitors...

SPENT OUT....

£6.70 train ticket
£10 entry ticket
£2.70 Coffee

Phew, need a lie down now.... :Blush:

Not tempted as we only bought the last one in January and already have all the accessories.. Still nice to have a day out and look around..

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Decided I may have a trip down on Friday,

Apparantly Dave Newall is offering free coffee that day :roflmto:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Decided I may have a trip down on Friday,

Apparantly Dave Newall is offering free coffee that day :roflmto:

Dont trust him !!! I went and looked for him all day,, nowhere to be seen..
Had to buy my own !!! £2.70 !!!! free sugar.

Was a rumor he was there just to get some "facts".. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(sits and waits for the backlash)...!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I noticed so many large new vans in Spain earlier this month. mostly French reg. Ten years ago you only saw the odd French van in Spain and usually an old caravan. Busby.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Dont trust him !!! I went and looked for him all day,, nowhere to be seen..
Had to buy my own !!! £2.70 !!!! free sugar.

Was a rumor he was there just to get some "facts".. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(sits and waits for the backlash)...!

Go find Eddie VanBitz, he has a free CHOCOLATE machine in his display van, don't be fobbed ooff with the cheapo one:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Oh blast Peter, we'd have gone and found him had I known that ! (we did see his stand, and also either he or one of his guys was discussing summat with a client inside a Pilote at one stage I noticed, I guess showing em where they'd put whatever it was they were interested in)

I meant people viewing vans and taking pics of the interiors. All the mfrs have brochures with pictures these days, we've always found, you just take a biro (can usually get one off a salesman you know!) and put asterisks on the pages of the ones you like LOL

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back