Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Hi

The backup camera has been playing up for some time but its finally give up the ghost, so now I need a replacement the monitor is OK but the camera is a sony SSC-520AM and it is being very elusive to trace a replacement I suspect that they have stopped making it as all the web sites I have been on are either no longer active OR do not list it anymore. So what I need is a replacement that will be compatible if such a thing exists?

Soooo Help!! All suggestions wellcome?

Pete

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
Hi

The backup camera has been playing up for some time but its finally give up the ghost, so now I need a replacement the monitor is OK but the camera is a sony SSC-520AM and it is being very elusive to trace a replacement I suspect that they have stopped making it as all the web sites I have been on are either no longer active OR do not list it anymore. So what I need is a replacement that will be compatible if such a thing exists?

Soooo Help!! All suggestions wellcome?

Hi Pete at the camera end does it have a short lead and then a yellow phono type plug and two other cables that go into a junction box
Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
backup camera

Hi

The camera short lead terminates in a 4 pin (F) plug no seperate wires.

I too saw the repair advert on the web But C$450 plus freight and taxes would buy me a new setup locally.

Thanks any way

PS have found a nice Spanish Man here (tecky) who will look at it "manana", Fingers all crossed!!

pete

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
Hi Pete
Thats a 4 pin din socket, have you got a maplin store near you they have opened one up in worcester and its got the lot if you took your camera to any maplin the staff are great and they are selling a complete camera kit with flat sreen monitor for about £100, I have no connection with maplin except I spend to much money there its like a toy shop for big boys
Paul:thumb:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Please be wary when connecting another camera. Although it may use a standard din connector they're often used for convenience and don't follow wiring standards for s-video. I've come across a couple of reversing camera systems that use one of the pins in the din plug for power. I blew the CCD in a camera before I cottoned on:Sad:
It's quite a good idea as the only device needing power is the monitor and the cameras are powered from that but you do need to be sure that the camera is wired the same way as the monitor.

Regards
Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back