Why are you going to the NEC show. (1 Viewer)

Why are you going to the NEC show

• Your excited and off to buy a new van

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Your a camperfile and just can't resist it,

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • Your out to get a bargain water container etc

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Im retired, got naff all else to do so may as well waste a few quid

Votes: 31 49.2%

• Total voters

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Paul I am not going :thumb: Lynn , my Daughter and Husband are so I will have a bit of me time next Saturday to do what I want , I have spent enough this year at Knutsford . Pete :winky:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Liking ya thinking Andy,,,,good Luck lad :thumb:
Thanks Bud, we wont be heartbroken if the right deal can't be done. It is afterall nearly winter so they'll be stuck for buyers of the one sent direct from the factory.
Always next year and more money in the coffers:thumb:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes I'll say Peter said you'll knock 10k off? :roflmto:
I should have visited them the other week whilst working in Ascot :Doh:
I believe in fate so que sera sera :thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Who do you know showing Pilotes as you aren't then, Pierre? NEC is dead handy, John's Cross ain't, but could be if you do more than talk the talk in the event that pousser comes to bouscouler !! LOL

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Whilst I hit the first button, it isn't my intention to buy just yet, more to get a feel.

Will be looking long and hard at Burstner though, just so I can P*ss ShiftZZ off even more..........Griff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I'm semi retired, got naff all else to do. "So may as well waste a few quid"

Don't understand the second sentence:ROFLMAO:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
well id quite like it to be the first one, or the last one to be honest
Id Never admit to the second one...and the third one...well....who wouldn't!!

That said...i dont even think im going:Doh:

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I have ordered a new Autotrail and it will be delivered at the end of October so I suspect it is one they have at the show. Also, looking for any bargains that I probably don't need. Going on Saturday with my brother in law who is looking for a caravan.

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Interesting thread and some nice MH's being ordered or about to be, but I have a general question.

The payloads appear to be very small. How do you get over that if you are off for 2 or 3 weeks abroad say where you take a lot of stuff with you? That of course is without the extras like solar panels, sat dish, bikes etc etc etc... or am I missing something?

cudleydudley

Free Member
May 5, 2008
cheshunt herts
Funster No
MH
20012 tribute t-625
Exp
2003=11years
nut kicker

going hopefully, to kick a dealer in the nuts, by going to this "new" NCC idea to make dealers toe the line :ROFLMAO: play fair :ROFLMAO: not do proper checks on new motor homes but tick the charts that say checked, then hide behind warranties, etc etc,:cry:
before blacking my dealers name on the radio, and any forum that will let me name them:thumb:
george

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We still never have , or even wanted to go to a show yet. :Blush:
We never went to a caravan/ tent one either , all the years we owned several of those.
Who knows , once we start planning the PVC years down the line, we may go to one , to check out various layouts . But we know what we want already so ....
Ralph tends to research on line , for bits n pieces we need , then buys on line too.
So i ticked the last one . As thats the one it would be , if i had naff all else to do hahaha

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Well we are going to research POSSIBLY changing our van. Fact is, it's the largest selection of brand new vans on display locally (about 20 mins) that you don't have to go and find someone with a key, to open up for you to view.

It won't rain inside, neither will the wind blow me away, there are toilets, nobody can actually sell us one (because we have one to P/X so they can't value that properly, only talk ballpark) and on Weds they won't be desperate yet anyway.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Not going, we will have more time to thoroughly explore the new Thor Ace 29/2 at Signature tomorrow:thumb: they are at the NEC but too crowded for serious examination

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
Interesting thread and some nice MH's being ordered or about to be, but I have a general question.

The payloads appear to be very small. How do you get over that if you are off for 2 or 3 weeks abroad say where you take a lot of stuff with you? That of course is without the extras like solar panels, sat dish, bikes etc etc etc... or am I missing something?

Hi Veevee

The Rapido 891m is mercedes chassis uprated to 3880kg. Kerb weight is 3130kg,3 ltr engine and auto box 80kg and about a further 80 kg for other extras gives a total of approx 3290 leaving a potential load of 590kg which i feel should be more than enough for the two of us plus dog.
After all its equal to carrying over 23 bags of cement around :Eeek: our present van has a massive carrying capacity but half the cuboards have never been used mind you just wait untill we fill the Rapido garage.

dave e

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Unfortunately, such a weight would entirely scupper Pete's plans to get me to drive the thing, whatever it turns out to be.

I actually want to learn but haven't quite got round to it due to 'logistical' problems currently LOL

I can't now drive anything over 3.5 tonnes ..... without passing another test as my C1 ran out in July.

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
Unfortunately, such a weight would entirely scupper Pete's plans to get me to drive the thing, whatever it turns out to be.

I actually want to learn but haven't quite got round to it due to 'logistical' problems currently LOL

I can't now drive anything over 3.5 tonnes ..... without passing another test as my C1 ran out in July.

Hi Jenny

One of the reasons for buying this van is so that Carol can drive more.
Although she has a manual licence she feels more confident with an auto,gives her more time to concentrate on steering and waving at other motorhomes and bread vans etc:ROFLMAO:
As Peter says i am sure you can get your C1 back if you submit a medical cert having said that i have been sure before and proved wrong

dave e

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
By the time I had read all these replies i had forgot what the Bl**dy question was !!!:ROFLMAO:

Oh, yes.. I'm going to see Dave Newell and get him to buy me a coffee.. :thumb: :ROFLMAO:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
By the time I had read all these replies i had forgot what the Bl**dy question was !!!:ROFLMAO:

Oh, yes.. I'm going to see Dave Newell and get him to buy me a coffee.. :thumb: :ROFLMAO:

You'll be bleedin' lucky! ;-)

D.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I know ...!!!! But I like a challenge... :winky:

TODAYS THE DAY... Wednesday... Wife said I can go and will even drop me off at the train station... :thumb: Maybe see some of you there....
Definitely no chance of me buying your coffee Steve 'cos we're going tomorrow and Friday::bigsmile:.

D.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
LOL, it took em over 6 months beyond expiry to decide whether on medical grounds I was allowed to keep my licence at all. I somehow didn't want to push my luck at the time they did eventually say yes, after all the hoops I'd been jumping through, and besides which we were going on holiday!

It wasn't really clear either, whether I lost the c1 from the renewal date, or the date they reissued it. Normally those dates should be simultaneous!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back