Reliable Motorhome service northwest? (1 Viewer)

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Hi all
We have a N&B as you can see, every time we go away we seem to pick up a problem, well I know we are to expect them but I think we are getting more than our share and I am compiling a list to send to the dealer (Travelword ) and to N&B directly (need contact emails if anyone has them)
In the meantime as our van is covered by gateway insurance, we can take it to any reputable repair centre.
The 2 problems I have are
1, trauma unit not heating on gas
2, sink waste pipe leaking ( somewhere under the floor) causing a puddle in the storage area.

So instead of me trekking back down to Telford from Windermere AGAIN. Does anyone recommend a good place I can take it to.
I know Windermere is out of the way but am willing to travel 50 miles or so for the right place
Thanks
A frustrated Martin:Sad:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Robsons of Wolsingham (Bishop Auckland)

are 65.5 miles from you. I bought a van from them and they seemed pretty good.

Catherine

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Hi all
We have a N&B as you can see, every time we go away we seem to pick up a problem, well I know we are to expect them but I think we are getting more than our share and I am compiling a list to send to the dealer (Travelword ) and to N&B directly (need contact emails if anyone has them)
:

http://www.niesmann-bischoff.de/en/home/

Email is through website

Link Removed

Steve
:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Soaringman

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
I take it that from the lack of response there are a few reasons.
1. There are no reliable service outlets in the northwest
2. There are no funsters who live in the northwest
3. All funsters in the the northwest are down the pub
4. Nobody could give a sxxt

Please put your votes below 1,2,3 or 4::bigsmile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi soaring, I can vouch for spinneys although they are very busy and some of these outlets really don't like warranty work, but give them a try, they are in knutsford and I can offer some good places to stay whilst you await :thumb:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I take it that from the lack of response there are a few reasons.
1. There are no reliable service outlets in the northwest
2. There are no funsters who live in the northwest
3. All funsters in the the northwest are down the pub
4. Nobody could give a sxxt

Please put your votes below 1,2,3 or 4::bigsmile:

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
What about Todds at Preston? They seem to have a large workshop?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
When you find someone please do review the experience here:thumb: Link Removed

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Your little sister!

Hi Martin

We have your little sister, the Arto 64L, with the same colour scheme so probably about the same age - just had its first MOT. And yes, a number of little problems just like you including the boiler not firing on gas. The problem was diagnosed by Diamond Dave, alias Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services of Telford, and required the replacement of the ignitor and plug costing £38 + VAT. It was a fairly lengthy process requiring stripping the cowling off and took Dave 2 hours to do. Thankfully his charges are considerably less than those of Travelworld whose labour costs are now £90 inc. VAT an hour!!!

I'll not bother you with the other faults we've had other than the fridge and freezer automatic door lock failing as we rounded a bend coming over the Pyrenees - yes ,the fridge door came off completely leaving an omelette mix of milk and eggs all over the floor.

Sorry, cannot help you with an alternative repairer as we live within a stones throw of Travelworld - and I chose my words carefully!

Cheers, John

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Sorry did not see your O P, been busy.

E.S. Hartley at Ings, you must have driven past it, it's between Windermere and Kendal.

I bought a motorhome off them and remember they had a workshop.

Another one, Jonathan Wright in Wigton does caravan and motorhome repairs and is very knowledgeable. 07823440813

OP
OP
Soaringman

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Hi Martin

We have your little sister, the Arto 64L, with the same colour scheme so probably about the same age - just had its first MOT. And yes, a number of little problems just like you including the boiler not firing on gas. The problem was diagnosed by Diamond Dave, alias Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services of Telford, and required the replacement of the ignitor and plug costing £38 + VAT. It was a fairly lengthy process requiring stripping the cowling off and took Dave 2 hours to do. Thankfully his charges are considerably less than those of Travelworld whose labour costs are now £90 inc. VAT an hour!!!

I'll not bother you with the other faults we've had other than the fridge and freezer automatic door lock failing as we rounded a bend coming over the Pyrenees - yes ,the fridge door came off completely leaving an omelette mix of milk and eggs all over the floor.

Sorry, cannot help you with an alternative repairer as we live within a stones throw of Travelworld - and I chose my words carefully!

Cheers, John

Thanks John
Sounds like you live within spitting distance of travelworld:winky:
I have been to Dave before and I agree he does a good job and if I cannot get anyone up here I would be happy to book it in with him. I think it is covered by the warranty period anyway, but it can be done anywhere.
The round trip of 300+ miles is something I am trying to avoid.
Thanks for you input though.
Do you know if there is a N&B owners forum, I tried one but they are offline
Thanks
Martin

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
N+B owners club

There is a Niesmann+Bischoff owners club which has a forum but it is not very active. I posted a query when we had a water problem but did not get any replies that day. Motorhome Fun is much better for getting help.
Elizabeth

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
good evening all

Hello Soringman,not all Funsters in NW are in pub.Todds at Preston are very good,10 mins of m6.:thumb:..THE BANDIT

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back