Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
We are getting faster ... one hour last night and two this morning... OK most of the gear was in boxes this time round.... but we have now unloaded the RV yet again .. took 9 hours first time. Spare bedroom full again. We have now also fully closed it down for the winter.

While there is 5 days left on the ebay advert we are not renewing it... do I hear some cheers:winky: .. cupboard open seat bases for the dinette tilted, dehumidifier set on timer, tube heats running. blinds drawn and the outside screen covers on.... Just got to remove JIMS pressure gauges and then I can put the wheel covers on .. need Son in Law to get down and do that when he next comes over..

As we will no longer be using it .. gores for sale in the Spring we have put it back as near to what it was like when we purchased it. All the main fixtures are still there ... and no I will not sell the Satellite dome unit for £250:cry::cry: I have it road taxed to the end of February.. so may surrender the road tax and put it on SWORN .. not sure yet.

Motor homing is sure hard work sometimes. We will not look for our replacement now until after April as we are in the USA in March and have a cruise the end of April.

Bob

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Only comment I'd make is leave the tyre monitors in place they have a job to do thro winter better to have tyres stood at right pressures than low:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Bob, Won't the £19k offer off the dealer look a bit more attractive after the advert ends? A £1000 reduction on asking price but you save insurance, tax and depreciation over the winter along with any heating costs or running costs from giving it a run.

I know what I would do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
did consider it

Bob, Won't the £19k offer off the dealer look a bit more attractive after the advert ends? A £1000 reduction on asking price but you save insurance, tax and depreciation over the winter along with any heating costs or running costs from giving it a run.

I know what I would do.

Did consider it... the usual.. it may be less, need you to bring to us so we can see it.. etc., etc.,

My son works for we buy any car . com .. it is called chipping.. make an offer near the price and if they take the bait then you chip away finding faults until you can buy it as cheap as you can.. then they shove it in an auction and the salesman that buys it in gets 6% of the profit, so it is in there interest to buy it as low as possible.. very iffy.... I said to the deal you have sent me two offers... have I? you soon get the idea what they are up to.

I can SORN the RV for the tax.. but I will not suspend the insurance as I need it covered just in case to cover the non road issues.

But it is all closed down now.. I have had a few more time wasters today... it amazes me that there are 80 people with it on there watch list and as of an our ago there were 2,670 page turns.

Still getting people asking how many MPG an RV does... they are 100% not a sale possibility .. if they have to worry about fuel then an RV is not for them. A lot of dreamers out there Chris..

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back