theboadacea

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi all

We may be soon to be house bound ... sob! We need to upgrade our van and to sell it we need to do some work on it. So we have to move out .......

The plan

Move temporarily to a house
Empty the van
Replace all the small bits that need replacing
Book into the repairers to rip out and replace the walls
Sell van
Hop off to USA
Import Safari Trek
Make all relevant modifications / electrics etc (Lindy C watch this space)
Move into van and live happily ever after ::bigsmile:

Unfortunately all this takes time. We have considered this in several different ways but with 2 dogs and the current full time jobs there is no other idea we can come up with. The prospective house is near my mother so we have an in built house/dog sitter when we leave the country to search for our ideal new home but it is going to be traumatic! We don't want to be handing the dogs off to different people to look after and think they will be more settled in their own place.

I get hot when stuck within 4 walls, lived in a van for nearly 4 years now ... brick walls are just wrong!! :Eeek:

Someone please make me feel better ... :cry:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
I'm sure time will go very quickly in your house, we had the Travelinglilburys in their Safari here and it was a REALLY NICE RV ! There is a photo of it at the Wales Meet I'm sure. We fell in love with it and dream "one day" ! Anyway good choice.:thumb::Smile:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi Leigh

Don't know if it would be cheaper but you could always buy a caravan for say a couple of thousand and then when you have the van sell it on for a couple of grand again = living free for a few months

stew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
theboadacea

theboadacea

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks Dylan ... you are making me feel a little better! I know we have goal and to know that you agree does help ::bigsmile:

I have just been to check out the wales piccies ... she is a beaut! I have been checking out the Safari's in the US .. half the price of here. Even after importing and electrics etc you would save nearly 10k in some cases.

Are thetravellinglilbury's fulltimers? With a name like that it sounds like it! I would love some tales about fulltiming in a trek.

Hi Stew ... yup, did consider a caravan but we need the space. Currently we have 5 vehicles ... fulltiming and mobile my arse. We need some space to finish off the Bug, flog it. Fix the ped, flog it. Trade in the beemer and kwack for different models, buy a trailer, adapt it and also make the dogs (we now have another one) feel at home whilst we are away abroad.

A house, unfortunately fits the bill. Mam won't stay in a caravan to dog sit when we are away, if we are over the road from her it saves us £100 a month in dogsitters etc.

Have thought about it and a caravan sure beats a house in our eyes .. but a house it will have to be. :shout:

However, good news is with a house we can make money. I can work from home, Phil can take on additional work. All helps pay for the luxuries on the trek! ::bigsmile:

Roll on next year .. we'll be off again :winky:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Boadecea

Great choice I think Trek's are great RVs especially the later ones with the slide outs. We saw loads when we were in Florida in January and at really good prices. Shop around out there you'll find a great deal if you look at plenty and deal hard.

Use the nada guide
Link Removed
and try to buy at lowest guide price and don't add anything for extras use the base price.

Good Luck :thumb:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Leigh

I struggle to picture you in a house........... but if that's what it takes, then do it. You have wanted a Safari Trek for what seems likes years, so bite the bullet, do what it takes, then you will have what you have always wanted!!:Smile:
PS. Are we going to see you this year?

OP
OP
theboadacea

theboadacea

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Leigh

I struggle to picture you in a house ....

Me too! But as you say ... the Trek is a dream! We're chasing it. ::bigsmile:

Yes you will see me at the pboro show, will still be camped up on the hill looking down from the heavens. I'll get the telescope out and wave! :ROFLMAO:

Actually, I'll be coming to the show and will bring your hoses - if you still want them. I'll pop in for a cuppa and inspect your new woody boy! ::bigsmile: Must be something to replace your last one!

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Actually, I'll be coming to the show and will bring your hoses - if you still want them. I'll pop in for a cuppa and inspect your new woody boy! ::bigsmile: Must be something to replace your last one!

Yes please - and the jury is still out.......

ScooterSam82

Free Member
May 24, 2008
Nottingham, Uk.
Funster No
MH
Broomstick
Exp
:Sad: aww sorry to hear you'll have to get a bricks & motar house..argh! :thumbdown::helpsos:

we used to live in our self build motorhome, from 2005 until december last year.. not all in one go, but while touring europe in the van.

our home base was Gary's parents house, lol

we'd live in Kampy for upto 7 months or more :D last year it was for 7 wonderful months..

our van is better than this place, :( (a ground floor flat! :O aarrrggh!

Kampy has got a compact washing machine, wet central heating, a 7 x 6 foot bed/come sofa.. dvd player, cooker, grill, oven, micro wave, 2 large water tanks under one side of the sofa, 6 large batteries charged by the 3 big solar panels on the roof, they are also charged by her engine while driving about! lol
flat screen tv, loads of storage, wardrobe, the luten is our shed..lol has the camp chairs in there, bbq, garden hammock, (bedding is in one side, stuff the other)

we've got a big bathroom/dressing room (at the back of the van) big shower, toilet, sink,

let me say this, Kampy has got more stuff than this flat!

we thought about living in Kampy full time, but with not working it would cost us alot..so we went for a flat.. and i regret that.

and now were thinking about selling her :cry:

we wanted to work from home (the kampenwagen) but we have no idea what we could do? we'd both love that. it's better than being stuck in here, with no Heki Roof opening.. got a big one of those too, right above where we sleep, so at night we can look upwards at the stars. :(

whatever you do, don't live in a ground floor flat, we've had soo many complaints about our dog & 2 fancy pet rats.. & the bloke upstairs is noisy! :shout:

if i was you i'd get a static caravan on a bit of land somewhere, where you could do what you liked, without having to key tow to everyone.

yes that would be brilliant.
or a nice big RV like chris & duncan's :thumb:

that RV is heaven.. i Know Kampy is 7 meters long, but wow! lol

whatever you deside to do, good luck! :thumb:::bigsmile:

if i could live in Kampy somehow & work from her, life would be great.

bye for now from Sam.

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
I don't know if this helps ,but on ebay you can pick up a used static caravan for very little. Holiday parks have to renew their homes and are keen to seel off the old ones, I've seen them go for peanuts.
Yes the transport is expensive, but it would be more spacious and might even feel more like a home to your mum, and would be cheaper then renting or buying a house.
Lucille:rain:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back